Renault Duster Bags 'Car of the Year 2013' Award
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 11, 2013 9:20 PM EST
French automaker Renault's SUV Duster has been crowned 'Car of the year 2013' by automobile magazine Autocar India.
The compact SUV, which hit the Indian roads earlier in the summer of 2012, fetched the award following tough competition from major SUV players. In 2012, Mahindra's XUV5OO had bagged the title. The award was presented at the annual awards night in Mumbai on Wednesday.
The Duster, which changed the concept of the SUV in India, was also named SUV of the year 2013, viewer's choice car of the year 2013 and overall Autocar car of the year 2013. Apart from Duster, Mahindra and Mahindra was named manufacturer of the year, while Bajaj KTM 200 Duke, which set new trends among Indian youngsters, became the viewers' choice Bike of the Year and the Autocar Bike of the Year 2013.
The Duster was given several awards even before it hit the roads. Among the awards were 4x4 of the Year in France and Argentina, Autobest 2011 in Germany, 2011 Car of the Year in Croatia and Russia and Golden Steering Wheel in Romania. The car was launched with a price tag of ₹7.19 lakh for the petrol varionat. Earlier in October, Renault increased the price of the vehicle by up to ₹40,000. The car did not have a direct rival in the Indian market since the time of its launch. The soon-to-release Ford EcoSport is expected to become a strong contender to the Duster.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares