Liverpool Transfer Rumour: European Giants Want Out-of-Favour Reds Forward
By Vishnuprasad S | January 11, 2013 8:10 PM EST
Ajax and Galatasaray are reportedly keen on snapping up Liverpool forward Oussama Assaidi in this transfer window.
The 24-year-old, who arrived at Anfield from Dutch outfit Heerenveen in a £3m deal in the summer, has failed to earn a regular spot in the Reds' line-up and is yet to start a Premier League game. With the arrival of Daniel Sturridge in January and Fabio Borini nearing a return after a three-month injury lay-off, Assaidi has fallen down further in Brendan Rodgers' pecking order.
Liverpool are now considering letting Assaidi leave on loan in this window, according to TalkSport, with Dutch champions Ajax and Turkish holders Galatasaray interested in securing his services for the rest of the season.
Assaidi was close to signing for Ajax in the summer but the winger eventually chose Liverpool. The Morocco international has been called up to his national squad for this year's Africa Cup of Nations, which starts next week.
Mourinho to Watch United v Liverpool
The La Liga champions are set to face the Red Devils in the Champions League Round of 16 next month and the Portuguese tactician says he wants to watch his opponents in big matches as many times as possible.
Mourinho told The Sun: "I have already told Sir Alex Ferguson I am coming. Manchester United against Liverpool - it is a great game and I always want to see my opponents play live, I like to go there and see for myself. Hopefully before we play United, I will have time to see them three or four times. I'm sure Sir Alex will do the same. He will come to watch us."
United and Madrid will face each other at the Bernabeu on 13 February before the return leg at Old Trafford on 5 March, which will mark Cristiano Ronaldo's return to his former club for the first time, after he left the Red Devils and joined Los Blancos in 2009.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown