LG Nexus 4 Production Stopped for Company’s Upcoming Smartphones?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 11, 2013 12:36 PM EST
Consumers who wanted to grab the LG Nexus 4 may not be able to do so as Korea's electronics firm LG is alleged to have halted the production of the Nexus 4 to make way for its upcoming smartphones.
LG Nexus 4 seemed to have fallen down LG's priority list amid rumours that the company seized the production of the smartphone to focus on the development of its future offerings.
One of the upcoming phones for consumers to watch out for is the successor of the popular LG Nexus 4. LG may be releasing the Nexus 4's successor next month.
LG hinted that it is planning to develop and release more Nexus devices in partnership with Google and some of it will make a debut next month at the Mobile World Congress event.
LG Electronics SVP James Fisher went off on a tangent during the firm's packed press conference at CES and revealed that the LG Nexus 4 is just "the first of many" Nexus products it is working on, and hinting that the two companies might be secretly developing another smartphone or tablet device.
Fisher said, "Through our collaboration with Google, we launched the LG Nexus 4 smartphone. This is the first of many devices to come from our growing partnership with this very selective company."
Fisher added that the firm will be launching its next generation smartphones in Barcelona next month. He said that "at Mobile World Congress next month and throughout the year, you'll see us bring to market more tier-one premium handsets in various screen sizes".
Recent rumours claimed that the successor of LG Nexus 4 will sport a powerful 2GHz quad core processor and upcoming Android Key Lime Pie OS.
The Google-LG Nexus 4 boasts a 4.7 inch screen display with 1280x768 resolution, 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 8 MP camera and 2100 mAh battery.
The new Google-LG smartphone runs with the new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which equipped the device with new features upgrade such as better camera options and controls. This has become the selling point of the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown