Rolando McClain Arrested For Signature: NFL Linebacker Detained After Signing Traffic Ticket With 'F-Word' [PHOTO]
January 11, 2013 3:46 AM EST
Rolando McClain, an Oakland Raiders linebacker, was arrested Tuesday for “providing a false name” to police after he signing a ticket with an obscenity.
According to reports, officers arrested NFL player Rolando McClain on a charge of giving a false name to law enforcement Tuesday after he signed a citation for overly dark window tint as “(Expletive) y’all,” Decatur police told the Dacatur Daily.
While receiving the traffic citation in Alabama for having tinted windows, which the officer deemed too dark, McClain reportedly refused to submit to a window inspection telling police he has a doctor-confirmed light sensitivity that renders the tint necessary.
The Dacatur Daily reports McClain showed police a letter from his doctor saying that he had “photosensitivity and needed maximum ultraviolet radiation protection to include window tinting.”
Shortly after another officer arrived on the scene, McClain submitted to the test and was written up for the tint.
“I’m falsely accused of everything,” McClain told reporters as he was leaving court. “It’s corrupt. It’s terrible.”
Further developments in the case indicate that McClain refused to give his name during the traffic stop, telling the officer, “You know who I am”. He later claimed that he was targeted by police and that they are out to get him, WebProNews reports.
This is the second run in with the law for McClain who in November 2011 was convicted of assaulting a former friend. McClain was convicted of all charges and handed a six-month jail sentence in May, but following appeal of the case to circuit court, a judge dismissed the case.
McClain was a first-round draft pick for the Raiders in 2010 but is reportedly not living up to expectations as he was recently fined $15,000 by the Oakland organization for “conduct detrimental to the team,” NFL Insider Jay Glazer reports.
“Players there are telling me that this has been an ongoing problem,” Glazer said on a recent edition of “Fox NFL Sunday.”
“Really the tipping point came last week when somebody asked him, ‘Do you even care?’ And he said ‘I’ve got four million reasons not to care,’” Glazer added.
McClain was released on $1,000 cash bail a short after being detained.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions