Rolando McClain Arrested For Signature: NFL Linebacker Detained After Signing Traffic Ticket With 'F-Word' [PHOTO]
January 11, 2013 3:46 AM EST
Rolando McClain, an Oakland Raiders linebacker, was arrested Tuesday for “providing a false name” to police after he signing a ticket with an obscenity.
According to reports, officers arrested NFL player Rolando McClain on a charge of giving a false name to law enforcement Tuesday after he signed a citation for overly dark window tint as “(Expletive) y’all,” Decatur police told the Dacatur Daily.
While receiving the traffic citation in Alabama for having tinted windows, which the officer deemed too dark, McClain reportedly refused to submit to a window inspection telling police he has a doctor-confirmed light sensitivity that renders the tint necessary.
The Dacatur Daily reports McClain showed police a letter from his doctor saying that he had “photosensitivity and needed maximum ultraviolet radiation protection to include window tinting.”
Shortly after another officer arrived on the scene, McClain submitted to the test and was written up for the tint.
“I’m falsely accused of everything,” McClain told reporters as he was leaving court. “It’s corrupt. It’s terrible.”
Further developments in the case indicate that McClain refused to give his name during the traffic stop, telling the officer, “You know who I am”. He later claimed that he was targeted by police and that they are out to get him, WebProNews reports.
This is the second run in with the law for McClain who in November 2011 was convicted of assaulting a former friend. McClain was convicted of all charges and handed a six-month jail sentence in May, but following appeal of the case to circuit court, a judge dismissed the case.
McClain was a first-round draft pick for the Raiders in 2010 but is reportedly not living up to expectations as he was recently fined $15,000 by the Oakland organization for “conduct detrimental to the team,” NFL Insider Jay Glazer reports.
“Players there are telling me that this has been an ongoing problem,” Glazer said on a recent edition of “Fox NFL Sunday.”
“Really the tipping point came last week when somebody asked him, ‘Do you even care?’ And he said ‘I’ve got four million reasons not to care,’” Glazer added.
McClain was released on $1,000 cash bail a short after being detained.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Chris Algieri Exposed, Criticised For Lack Of Desire To Win Against Manny Pacquiao
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Boxing News: Manny Pacquiao 'Ready' To Fight Floyd Mayweather In 2015 Following Algieri Win
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan