Rolando McClain Arrested For Signature: NFL Linebacker Detained After Signing Traffic Ticket With 'F-Word' [PHOTO]
January 11, 2013 3:46 AM EST
Rolando McClain, an Oakland Raiders linebacker, was arrested Tuesday for “providing a false name” to police after he signing a ticket with an obscenity.
According to reports, officers arrested NFL player Rolando McClain on a charge of giving a false name to law enforcement Tuesday after he signed a citation for overly dark window tint as “(Expletive) y’all,” Decatur police told the Dacatur Daily.
While receiving the traffic citation in Alabama for having tinted windows, which the officer deemed too dark, McClain reportedly refused to submit to a window inspection telling police he has a doctor-confirmed light sensitivity that renders the tint necessary.
The Dacatur Daily reports McClain showed police a letter from his doctor saying that he had “photosensitivity and needed maximum ultraviolet radiation protection to include window tinting.”
Shortly after another officer arrived on the scene, McClain submitted to the test and was written up for the tint.
“I’m falsely accused of everything,” McClain told reporters as he was leaving court. “It’s corrupt. It’s terrible.”
Further developments in the case indicate that McClain refused to give his name during the traffic stop, telling the officer, “You know who I am”. He later claimed that he was targeted by police and that they are out to get him, WebProNews reports.
This is the second run in with the law for McClain who in November 2011 was convicted of assaulting a former friend. McClain was convicted of all charges and handed a six-month jail sentence in May, but following appeal of the case to circuit court, a judge dismissed the case.
McClain was a first-round draft pick for the Raiders in 2010 but is reportedly not living up to expectations as he was recently fined $15,000 by the Oakland organization for “conduct detrimental to the team,” NFL Insider Jay Glazer reports.
“Players there are telling me that this has been an ongoing problem,” Glazer said on a recent edition of “Fox NFL Sunday.”
“Really the tipping point came last week when somebody asked him, ‘Do you even care?’ And he said ‘I’ve got four million reasons not to care,’” Glazer added.
McClain was released on $1,000 cash bail a short after being detained.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- Rafael Nadal’s Coach Reveals The Spanish Athlete Will Be Back On Court Soon
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Three Reasons Why Brock Lesnar Must Fight The Undertaker At Night Of Champions And Not John Cena [VIDEO]
- Michael Schumacher Rehabilitation Update: F1 Champion In-Home Health Care And Services Consist Of 15 Medical Staff
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers