Salora Makes Smartphone Foray with ‘PowerMaxx’; 3200mAh Battery-Packed Device Priced ₹15,999
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 10, 2013 6:25 PM EST
Salora International Limited announced its foray into the smartphone segment with a budget-friendly Android smartphone called 'PowerMaxx'.
The Delhi-based company, which has its name inscribed in the country's consumer electronics sector, showed off the powerful battery-packed smartphone with good hardware specifications at an event on Tuesday.
"We are extremely excited on the launch of Salora Powermaxx. This is a feature packed phone with extremely high end technology and specifications which are unique to this product. The high capacity battery inn a slim body is a patented technology which will allow consumers to use the phone for long period without interruption. The IPS qHD display with OGS technology and toughened glass ensures great user touch experience. We are confident that consumers will appreciate this product and have a great experience. Powermaxx will definitely prove to be a game changer," said Gopal Kumar Jiwarajka , Chairman and Managing Director of Salora at the launch.
The PowerMaxx smartphone sports a 4.5-inch IPS LCD (qHD) screen with a display resolution of 960 x 540 pixels and is powered by 1GHz dual-core 40nm Cortex A9 processor. The handset measures 10.2 mm in thickness and 64.5mm wide.
The most noticeable feature of the budget-friendly smartphone is its high-powered battery. The device packs a 3200mAh battery which the company claimed will deliver a battery life of nearly 430 hours (stand-by time). The handset is rated to support 22 hours of 3G talk time, 42 hours of music playback and 10 hours of video-playback on a single charge. In other words, it yields 11 hours of 3G networking or 13 hours of WiFi usage.
The smartphone display is protected with 'Zero Air Gap' technology which enables Anti-Fingerprint, Anti-scratch properties and comes in an ultra thin profile.
Camera specifications of the phone include an 8-megapixel autofocus rear camera and a 1.3-megapixel camera on the front. In terms of storage, the handset packs 512 MMB of RAM along with 4 GB of internal memory storage which is expandable up to 32 GB via a microSD card slot. On the connectivity front, the device supports WiFi, 3G and Bluetooth. Additionally, the phone houses 'Dual Mic Design' which provides noise-free voice call services.
The PowerMaxx smartphone is available for purchase at leading online retail stores. The device is officially priced at ₹15,999 and will be pitted against other low-cost smartphones like Micromax Canvas 2 A110, Samsung Galaxy S Duos S7562 and HTC Desire V.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef