ASUS PadFone 2 vs. Huawei Ascend Mate: Which is the Best Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Alternative?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 10, 2013 12:16 PM EST
Chinese manufacturer Huawei released a mammoth phablet that will battle against other hybrid devices in the market such as ASUS PadFone 2.
Huawei Ascend Mate sports a ludicrous 6.1-inch, 361 ppi display, the Ascend Mate has a 4050mAh battery and a 1.5GHz HiSilicon K3V3 quad-core chip, both of which it will need to handle that wild screen that makes up 73 percent of the whole device. It runs Android Jelly Bean and has built-in augmented reality navigation capability and split-screen multi-tasking.
Tech company Asus recently launched the Asus PadFone 2. Its new hybrid device of the company boasts a larger 4.7-inch screen with a 1280 x 720 pixel display and also upgrades its processor to a quad-core 1.5GHz Qualcomm. There is also 1GB of RAM and 13MP camera. It is also believed that the device will have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.
Below is the comparison of the two phablets Ascend Mate and ASUS Padfone 2.
Screen Display - Huawei Ascend Mate boasts a huge 6.1 inches screen display with 1920x1080 pixel resolution that dwarfed ASUS PadFone 2's 4.7-inch Super IPS+ capacitive multitouch display with a 1280x720 pixel resolution and a pixel density of 312ppi.
Processor - The Ascend Mate is powered by a 1.8GHz dual-core processor with 1GB of RAM. The ASUS Padfone 2 is powered by Qualcomm's S4 (Series 4) Pro quad core processor clocked at 1.5GHz paired with 2GB of RAM.
Operating System - ASUS PadFone 2 was released with Android's Ice Cream Sandwich operating system, which can be later upgraded to the latest Android v4.1 Jelly Bean. Huawei Ascend Mate is already running with the 4.1 version of the Jelly Bean OS.
Storage - The Ascend Mate has an internal storage of 16GB. Asus PadFone 2 has 16GB, 32GB and 64GB variants and with a MicroSD slot up to 32GB.
Camera - Asus PadFone 2's 13MP shooter and 1.2 MP front camera. While Ascend Mate has an 8MP 1.0MP front camera shooter.
Battery - Huawei Ascend Mate packed a 4050mAh battery that wins over Samsung Galaxy Note 2's 2140mAh battery.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft