ZTE Grand S vs. Samsung Galaxy S3: S Phones War
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 10, 2013 11:01 AM EST
A lot of devices have been announced at the ongoing CES 2013 in Las Vegas and one of them is the ZTE Grand S. The said device has made official as well by ZTE and it's the sign that the company is back in the game.
The device is due for release in the first quarter of 2013 and will initially be sold in China.
ZTE Grand S boasts 5-inch of display size with 1080p, 1.7GHz snapdragon S4 Pro, 2GB of RAM, and 16GB internal storage. The device runs the latest Android Jellybean, uses 13MP rear camera shooter, and 2MP front facing camera.
This upcoming device holds a possible sport against several mobile phones out there and Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of them. Would this ZTE smartphone outmatch the Galaxy S3?
Dimension: Galaxy S3 has 8.6mm of thickness and the Grand S is slimmer with only 6.9mm of thickness.
Touchscreen: Super Amoled is being used for most Galaxy units and it is also common for touchscreen devices. ZTE Grand S has a simple capacitive touchscreen installed.
Screen: Grand S sports 5.0 inches with 1080x1920 pixel resolution of display while Galaxy S3 has only 4.8 inches with 720x1280 pixel resolution. Their ppi ratio is 441:306 in favor of the Grand S.
Protection and UI: For screen durability from scratches, Grand S has no built-in scratch proof protection and no additional UI is included. Galaxy S3 uses Gorilla Glass 2 for its screen and TouchWiz UI for the added smooth response.
Memory: Galaxy S3 holds 1GB of RAM inside versus the 2GB of the Grand S. But Galaxy S3 offers three variations for internal memory, 16/32/64 GB are available in the market.
Camera: Grand S basically wins when it comes to camera megapixel. It has 13MP rear camera short with LED flash as well and 2MP in its front. Galaxy S3 has 8MP with LED flash and 1.9MP at the front. Both devices records video using the rear shooter in 1080p@30fps but the Grand S records 1080p@30fps using the front shooter against the lower spec of Galaxy S3 which is 720@30fps only.
Operating System: Both devices run Android and equally use the Jellybean version. For specifics, Galaxy S3 uses 4.1.2 upon update and Grand S premieres with 4.1.
CPU: Grand S wins with quad-core 1.7GHz of Snapdragon Pro processor against Galaxy S3'squad-core 1.4GHz Cortex-A9.
The new ZTE Grand S is soon to be available and all of these specifications will be confirmed if it is an ace device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Microsoft To Have Its Own Retail Outlet in Manhattan
- Telstra To Convert Old Payphones Into Wi-Fi Hotspots
- #Bendgate Video Hits Almost 46 Million In 5 Days, But Impact On Apple’s Finances Minimal
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- Obama’s Bid To Blame Intelligence Chief For Inaction On ISIS Backfires: McCain Asks Obama To Admit Own Mistakes