ZTE Grand S vs. Samsung Galaxy S3: S Phones War
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 10, 2013 11:01 AM EST
A lot of devices have been announced at the ongoing CES 2013 in Las Vegas and one of them is the ZTE Grand S. The said device has made official as well by ZTE and it's the sign that the company is back in the game.
The device is due for release in the first quarter of 2013 and will initially be sold in China.
ZTE Grand S boasts 5-inch of display size with 1080p, 1.7GHz snapdragon S4 Pro, 2GB of RAM, and 16GB internal storage. The device runs the latest Android Jellybean, uses 13MP rear camera shooter, and 2MP front facing camera.
This upcoming device holds a possible sport against several mobile phones out there and Samsung Galaxy S3 is one of them. Would this ZTE smartphone outmatch the Galaxy S3?
Dimension: Galaxy S3 has 8.6mm of thickness and the Grand S is slimmer with only 6.9mm of thickness.
Touchscreen: Super Amoled is being used for most Galaxy units and it is also common for touchscreen devices. ZTE Grand S has a simple capacitive touchscreen installed.
Screen: Grand S sports 5.0 inches with 1080x1920 pixel resolution of display while Galaxy S3 has only 4.8 inches with 720x1280 pixel resolution. Their ppi ratio is 441:306 in favor of the Grand S.
Protection and UI: For screen durability from scratches, Grand S has no built-in scratch proof protection and no additional UI is included. Galaxy S3 uses Gorilla Glass 2 for its screen and TouchWiz UI for the added smooth response.
Memory: Galaxy S3 holds 1GB of RAM inside versus the 2GB of the Grand S. But Galaxy S3 offers three variations for internal memory, 16/32/64 GB are available in the market.
Camera: Grand S basically wins when it comes to camera megapixel. It has 13MP rear camera short with LED flash as well and 2MP in its front. Galaxy S3 has 8MP with LED flash and 1.9MP at the front. Both devices records video using the rear shooter in 1080p@30fps but the Grand S records 1080p@30fps using the front shooter against the lower spec of Galaxy S3 which is 720@30fps only.
Operating System: Both devices run Android and equally use the Jellybean version. For specifics, Galaxy S3 uses 4.1.2 upon update and Grand S premieres with 4.1.
CPU: Grand S wins with quad-core 1.7GHz of Snapdragon Pro processor against Galaxy S3'squad-core 1.4GHz Cortex-A9.
The new ZTE Grand S is soon to be available and all of these specifications will be confirmed if it is an ace device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More