T-Mobile Offers iPhone; Firefox Adds Retina Display
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 10, 2013 10:48 AM EST
T-Mobile is the last among four major U.S. network carriers to begin official offers of the famous iOS device - the iPhone. The said network has 1.9 million iPhone units running on T-Mobile network and will make its launch later this year. The carrier will begin selling iPhone within the next three to four months.
Previously, T-Mobile has been disrupted by spectrum incompatibilities that prevented the iPhone and other popular devices from running at the fastest possible data speeds using the network. The network carrier put a lot of efforts to fix this and reassure the stability of iPhone and T-Mobile spectrum compatibility.
The high-speed HSDA+ network using 1900MHz band currently now supports the iPhone. T-Mobile launched in 2012 a campaign called Bring Your Own iPhone to attract more customers using iPhone demo units in their stores with new apps to help iPhone owners to include T-Mobile to their choices.
T-Mobile is making aggressive moves to close acquisition and partnership with MetroPCS, Dish Network, and prepaid carrier Leap Wireless.
In other Mac news, Mozilla added Retina support for Apple's line of Retina MacBook Pros with their version 18 of the browser. This update has already been implemented by other web browsers such as Safari, Opera and Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox is the last major browser to include this Retina update which will solve the Web site's text and images appearing fuzzy and difficult to read caused by the lack of Retina support.
The Firefox 18 with Retina support updates and fixes include:
- Retina display support on OS X 10.7 and up
- Better image quality
- Improved performance for tab switching
- Startup time improvement
- Improved responsiveness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble