T-Mobile Offers iPhone; Firefox Adds Retina Display
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 10, 2013 10:48 AM EST
T-Mobile is the last among four major U.S. network carriers to begin official offers of the famous iOS device - the iPhone. The said network has 1.9 million iPhone units running on T-Mobile network and will make its launch later this year. The carrier will begin selling iPhone within the next three to four months.
Previously, T-Mobile has been disrupted by spectrum incompatibilities that prevented the iPhone and other popular devices from running at the fastest possible data speeds using the network. The network carrier put a lot of efforts to fix this and reassure the stability of iPhone and T-Mobile spectrum compatibility.
The high-speed HSDA+ network using 1900MHz band currently now supports the iPhone. T-Mobile launched in 2012 a campaign called Bring Your Own iPhone to attract more customers using iPhone demo units in their stores with new apps to help iPhone owners to include T-Mobile to their choices.
T-Mobile is making aggressive moves to close acquisition and partnership with MetroPCS, Dish Network, and prepaid carrier Leap Wireless.
In other Mac news, Mozilla added Retina support for Apple's line of Retina MacBook Pros with their version 18 of the browser. This update has already been implemented by other web browsers such as Safari, Opera and Google Chrome.
Mozilla Firefox is the last major browser to include this Retina update which will solve the Web site's text and images appearing fuzzy and difficult to read caused by the lack of Retina support.
The Firefox 18 with Retina support updates and fixes include:
- Retina display support on OS X 10.7 and up
- Better image quality
- Improved performance for tab switching
- Startup time improvement
- Improved responsiveness.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Rises Again Despite Bendgate, iOS 8 Bugs; Samsung Stock At Two-Year Low
- Hong Kong Protests Cause Closure Of Banks & Instagram Outages In China
- Federal Court Orders Coles To Hang Signs For 3 Months That It Passed Off Par-Baked Bread As Fresh From The Oven
- Ello Pegged As The Anti-Facebook Social Network
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate