2 Parodies and 10 Justin Bieber Weed Memes; 6 Effects of Marijuana Use
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 10, 2013 10:21 AM EST
Justin Bieber bashing Manny Pacquiao loss memes and tweets are now passé. With photos of the Canadian pop star circulating showing the YouTube sensation apparently smoking marijuana, new weed-themed memes and parodies have started to appear on social networking sites.
The photos caused a stir because of Bieber's relatively clean image prior to the picture and some young people considering him a role model.
However, his admission obviously damaged his image.
In an era of mobile phones being used as spy camera, Bieber apparently forget he's a favourite paparazzi target.
However, for cool people who smoke weed, marijuana being associated with Bieber was unacceptable.
Reports said that because of the scandal caused by the photo, fans of Bieber - also known as Beliebers, were encouraged by Web site 4chan to tweet their pictures showing them cutting themselves to indicate that they were upset by the pictures. 4chan asked the fans to use the hashtag CutForBieber.
This fan went further and posted his sentiments on YouTube.
Meme makers rode on that hashtag.
This meme believes that weed-smoking photo makes it legal to light up marijuana while Bieber sings Baby.
Parody makers are a little bit slower, with only two good ones posted on YouTube.
While the memes and parodies may appear that smoking weed is light matter, the U.S. National Institute on Drug Abuse warned of at least six effects of marijuana use. These are:
1. Mood varies, ranging from euphoria to calmness or anxiety. Most weed users seek those effects in getting stoned.
2. Distorted sense of time
4. Magical or random thinking
5. Short-term memory loss
6. Anxiety and depression.
While the psychological signs of using marijuana usually ease after a few hours, its residual effect could last for days. For heavy users, there is the added risk of lung cancer.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- Airborne Version of Ebola Virus Could Wipe Out 1.2 Million; Aussie Doctor Appeals For Help
- Justin Bieber Strips for Fashion Week, Flashes Six Pack Abs: His Diet and Workout Secrets
- Kim Kardashian's Pregnancy Glow Returns; Rumour Mill Suggests That Kim Is Pregnant
- Research Finds African Americans and Caribbean Blacks Experiencing Discrimination are at a Greater Risk for Mental Disorders
- Joan Rivers May Have Died From Propofol Like Michael Jackson
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- iPhone 6 Plus vs Xiaomi Mi4 – The iPhone Killer Certainly Can Battle Well With The New Apple Phablet
- Ukraine Crisis: Poland Denies Supplying Weapons To Kiev
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Countdown Begins Oct 8: 8 Killer Specs and Features to Expect
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MF 370: Indonesian Police Chief Claims He Knows What Happened To Missing Jet
- HTC Desire 820 (Octa-Core) vs. Sony Xperia Z3 Compact – Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown