Why Aren’t Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson Attending The 2013 People’s Choice Awards?
By Maria Vultaggio | January 10, 2013 9:49 AM EST
The first awards show of 2013, the 39th People’s Choice Awards, begin Wednesday night at 9/8c, and while most of Hollywood’s best will be attending, absent will be “Twilight” heartthrobs Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson.
The former vampire couple has had a tumultuous relationship this past year, but their rocky status doesn’t seem to have anything to do with their no-show at this year’s PCA, hosted by CBS's “The Big Bang Theory” Kaley Cuoco.
It’s also not because Stewart wasn’t nominated for any awards. She in fact got three nominations for her work in “Snow White and the Huntsman,” one of the summer’s biggest movies to hit the silver screen.
So what’s the problem? There seems to be two glaring issues when it comes to the People’s Choice Awards: Not only was Pattinson snubbed entirely -- he didn’t even get one nomination -- the two probably decided it would be best not to show up because of the affair Stewart was caught having with her married “Snow White” director Rupert Sanders over the summer.
Even though she issued a statement to People magazine apologizing for her “momentary indiscretion” and “hurting the person she loved most,” it seems fair that the pair would want to avoid any awkward moments that might involve Sanders and a photo op.
Considering Stewart was the one who publicly stirred up drama in their relationship, it seems the least she could do is skip to the awards, even though she was nominated three times.
“Twilight” fans will likely be disappointed that their favorite celebrity couple won’t be in attendance for Wednesday night’s festivities, but who could blame Pattinson for not wanting to go?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Walmart Offers the Best 2014 Black Friday Deals on iPhone 6, iPad Ai2 & Other Gadgets – Reports
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan