Why Aren’t Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson Attending The 2013 People’s Choice Awards?
By Maria Vultaggio | January 10, 2013 9:49 AM EST
The first awards show of 2013, the 39th People’s Choice Awards, begin Wednesday night at 9/8c, and while most of Hollywood’s best will be attending, absent will be “Twilight” heartthrobs Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson.
The former vampire couple has had a tumultuous relationship this past year, but their rocky status doesn’t seem to have anything to do with their no-show at this year’s PCA, hosted by CBS's “The Big Bang Theory” Kaley Cuoco.
It’s also not because Stewart wasn’t nominated for any awards. She in fact got three nominations for her work in “Snow White and the Huntsman,” one of the summer’s biggest movies to hit the silver screen.
So what’s the problem? There seems to be two glaring issues when it comes to the People’s Choice Awards: Not only was Pattinson snubbed entirely -- he didn’t even get one nomination -- the two probably decided it would be best not to show up because of the affair Stewart was caught having with her married “Snow White” director Rupert Sanders over the summer.
Even though she issued a statement to People magazine apologizing for her “momentary indiscretion” and “hurting the person she loved most,” it seems fair that the pair would want to avoid any awkward moments that might involve Sanders and a photo op.
Considering Stewart was the one who publicly stirred up drama in their relationship, it seems the least she could do is skip to the awards, even though she was nominated three times.
“Twilight” fans will likely be disappointed that their favorite celebrity couple won’t be in attendance for Wednesday night’s festivities, but who could blame Pattinson for not wanting to go?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Sept. 22-26 Spoilers: Updates On Nick And Sharon’s Wedding, Hilary, Neil, Phyllis, Chelsea, Billy And More
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed