Body Of Mom Found In Trunk Of Car: Police Suspect Foul Play In Ebony Jackson Homicide Investigation [PHOTO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 10, 2013 6:51 AM EST
Authorities confirmed Tuesday night that a body found inside the trunk of a white, Mitsubishi Eclipse was that of Ebony Jackson.
Speaking with reporters during a press conference Wednesday, St. Louis Metropolitan Police explained that there was some trauma to the body, indicating some form of foul play.
While Jackson’s baby was found safe and sound early Friday morning inside a Breckenridge Hills apartment complex, authorities say she had not been heard from since last Thursday. It’s still unclear how her baby ended up inside the apartment complex.
According to police, as cited by News9, Jackson lived in Oklahoma but was visiting old friends in East St. Louis. Family members say she phoned a cousin who lives in St. John and left a message on his cell phone indicating she was going to visit him. She never arrived.
Jackson's car was found in the 4400 block of Elmbank in North St. Louis Tuesday morning, News9 reports
It's just totally out of character for her to be in a neighborhood like this, or just the car being in a neighborhood like this," a family member told a local Oklahoma news outlet.
While family members determined she made a phone call indicating she was in Fairview Heights with a friend, the identity of that friend is not known at this time.
A spokesperson for the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department confirmed the department`s involvement in the homicide case but indicated there were still questions about where Jackson-Shelton was murdered.
A Fox News affiliate in St. Louis reports that he baby has been in state custody pending the results of a paternity test taken by a man identifying himself as the father.
Further developments in the case indicate that police are also looking into Jackson’s arrest history in Oklahoma City. According to OKC police, Jackson has been arrested three times since 2005, one includes assault and battery on a police officer.
November 27, 2012, was Jackson's most recent arrest in Oklahoma City. Police say she used her son's stroller to hide merchandise at an area Wal-Mart. Jackson was confronted, and arrested, when she walked out.
In 2011, she was caught stealing at Dillard's Department store at Quail Springs Mall.
Family told police that Jackson suffered some sort of previous brain injury, which causes her not to remember things.
Police are looking for leads on this story and encourage anyone with information to send it through the St. Louis chapter of CrimeStoppers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales