Body Of Mom Found In Trunk Of Car: Police Suspect Foul Play In Ebony Jackson Homicide Investigation [PHOTO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 10, 2013 6:51 AM EST
Authorities confirmed Tuesday night that a body found inside the trunk of a white, Mitsubishi Eclipse was that of Ebony Jackson.
Speaking with reporters during a press conference Wednesday, St. Louis Metropolitan Police explained that there was some trauma to the body, indicating some form of foul play.
While Jackson’s baby was found safe and sound early Friday morning inside a Breckenridge Hills apartment complex, authorities say she had not been heard from since last Thursday. It’s still unclear how her baby ended up inside the apartment complex.
According to police, as cited by News9, Jackson lived in Oklahoma but was visiting old friends in East St. Louis. Family members say she phoned a cousin who lives in St. John and left a message on his cell phone indicating she was going to visit him. She never arrived.
Jackson's car was found in the 4400 block of Elmbank in North St. Louis Tuesday morning, News9 reports
It's just totally out of character for her to be in a neighborhood like this, or just the car being in a neighborhood like this," a family member told a local Oklahoma news outlet.
While family members determined she made a phone call indicating she was in Fairview Heights with a friend, the identity of that friend is not known at this time.
A spokesperson for the St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department confirmed the department`s involvement in the homicide case but indicated there were still questions about where Jackson-Shelton was murdered.
A Fox News affiliate in St. Louis reports that he baby has been in state custody pending the results of a paternity test taken by a man identifying himself as the father.
Further developments in the case indicate that police are also looking into Jackson’s arrest history in Oklahoma City. According to OKC police, Jackson has been arrested three times since 2005, one includes assault and battery on a police officer.
November 27, 2012, was Jackson's most recent arrest in Oklahoma City. Police say she used her son's stroller to hide merchandise at an area Wal-Mart. Jackson was confronted, and arrested, when she walked out.
In 2011, she was caught stealing at Dillard's Department store at Quail Springs Mall.
Family told police that Jackson suffered some sort of previous brain injury, which causes her not to remember things.
Police are looking for leads on this story and encourage anyone with information to send it through the St. Louis chapter of CrimeStoppers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around