Kingfisher Employees to Move Court Seeking Shutdown
By Sree Vazhakode | January 10, 2013 1:19 AM EST
The employees of the grounded Kingfisher Airlines on Wednesday decided to move court seeking a formal closure of the company if it didn't give a time frame to pay salary dues and share the revival plan, airline sources told PTI.
Miffed by the management's inability to come up with a feasible revival plan Employees decided to seek the intervention of the President and the Prime Minister.
"We demand that the management should share the revival plan with us. We also want it to spell out a payment schedule for our salary dues. If we don't find their explanation satisfactory, we will file a winding up petition in the court under section 433 of the Companies Act," the sources said.
The employees have decided to write to the Kingfisher Management asking them to sell the company's assets and pay the salary dues for past eight months.
Kingfisher Airlines lost its flying license on Dec 31, as the airline failed to submit a satisfactory revival plan to DGCA.
Both the DGCA and the Civil Aviation Ministry had earlier announced that Kingfisher would not be allowed to fly until it came up with a workable plan to revive the air carrier.
The Vijay Mallya-controlled airlines had all its flights grounded since Oct 1 as it doesn't have resources to keep it operational. Kingfisher has never made a profit since its inception in 2005, and it has a total debt burden of over Rs 80 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon