Kingfisher Employees to Move Court Seeking Shutdown
By Sree Vazhakode | January 10, 2013 1:19 AM EST
The employees of the grounded Kingfisher Airlines on Wednesday decided to move court seeking a formal closure of the company if it didn't give a time frame to pay salary dues and share the revival plan, airline sources told PTI.
Miffed by the management's inability to come up with a feasible revival plan Employees decided to seek the intervention of the President and the Prime Minister.
"We demand that the management should share the revival plan with us. We also want it to spell out a payment schedule for our salary dues. If we don't find their explanation satisfactory, we will file a winding up petition in the court under section 433 of the Companies Act," the sources said.
The employees have decided to write to the Kingfisher Management asking them to sell the company's assets and pay the salary dues for past eight months.
Kingfisher Airlines lost its flying license on Dec 31, as the airline failed to submit a satisfactory revival plan to DGCA.
Both the DGCA and the Civil Aviation Ministry had earlier announced that Kingfisher would not be allowed to fly until it came up with a workable plan to revive the air carrier.
The Vijay Mallya-controlled airlines had all its flights grounded since Oct 1 as it doesn't have resources to keep it operational. Kingfisher has never made a profit since its inception in 2005, and it has a total debt burden of over Rs 80 billion.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Sydney Software Firm Bigcommerce Teams Up With Alibaba To Beat Amazon
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related