Sony Xperia Z Specs, Release Date Confirmed – How much is it, and where to pre-order? [VIDEO]
By Arlene Paredes | January 9, 2013 1:31 PM EST
Sony Xperia Z, formerly known as C660X Yuga, has been unveiled at the 2013 CES event in Los Angeles. Nearly half a million viewers have seen Sony's promo video within the past 24 hours. (Watch the video below.) How much is Xperia Z, and where can you get it?
Most of the rumours about Sony's new flagship smartphone proved accurate. The Android sports the look and size of a phablet, with a 5-inch full HD display. More information below.
Sony Xperia Z Specs and Features
Dimensions and Weight: Xperia Z measures 139 x 71 x 7.9 mm and weighs 140 grams.
Display: 5-inch full HD TFT capacitive touchscreen with a resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels (440 pixel density). The screen display is powered by Sony Mobile BRAVIA Engine 2.
Memory: Xperia Z is built-in with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB storage space, expandable with a microSD card (maximum storage information not yet available).
Camera: 13MP (images can be up to 4128 x 3096 pixels), with autofocus and LED flash. Camera features HDR technology for photos and videos.
CPU: Snapdragon S4 Pro Quad-Core @ 1.5GHz
OS: Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean), with plans to upgrade to v4.2
Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 2330 mAh battery (allows up to 40 hrs of music play), featuring Battery STAMINA Mode
Xperia Z is reportedly designed to have the highest levels of dust and water resistance in a smartphone (or a phablet, if you will). Users can choose from three colours: black, white, and purple.
Sony Xperia Z Release Date, Price
Mobile phone stores and carriers are expected to have the Xperia Z in stock by March 2013.
Tech Radar reported Phones 4U is already accepting pre-registration for the Xperia Z. The store believes the device will be available as early as March 1. However, the UK-based store has yet to release a price. Clove UK, on the other hand, has announced a SIM free price of £528 (AU$800).
According to Gizmodo, Xperia Z will see Australia by March, as well. Australian carriers Telstra, Optus and Vodafone have yet to announce pre-order arrangements. Vodafone UK, however, has confirmed to Tech Radar that it will be offering the Z phablet.
VIDEO: Sony Xperia Z Specs and Features
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft