HTC One Updates to Android 4.1 Jellybean for O2 Owners
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 9, 2013 10:23 AM EST
Finally, the process has begun for the update of the last generation HTC One X smartphone. The device can now update its firmware version to Android 4.1 Jellybean owned by customers without SIM-free and unlocked handsets.
The update is now open for O2 customers with contract or pay-as-you-go phones equipped with all Jellybean features, including the Project Butter for faster user experience, and Google Now as the intelligent voice-guided assistant, enhanced notifications grouped by application and accessible within the notifications menu.
Android Beam is also in for easier photo and video sharing over the Near Field Communication technology, the browser has been improved to a quicker and smarter version and speech recognition for Voice Typing even without Internet connection.
For users who haven't received any notifications about the update, go to the "Settings" then proceed to "About Phone" for the manual update. Remember to always back up the device before performing any update to avoid data loses.
Android Jellybean version is so popular that every month or so, updates come out from several companies to their mid-range to high-end mobile devices. The Jellybean 4.1 and 4.2 versions began to grow in population among Android devices and has a 10 per cent share in the Android pie. This is followed by the 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich owned in almost 30 per cent of all Android devices, then 2.3 Gingerbread with less than 50 per cent and the 2.2 Froyo which has fallen below 10 per cent.
Because more and more devices are released with ICS version at least, the Google mobile operating system allows more users to obtain the latest Android technology and indicates the ever growing popularity of the Android OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Hungry Jack’s Joins McDonald’s Australia Monopoly Campaign With McOpoly Promo
- iPhone 6 Survives Drop, Both Accidental & Intentional
- Apple Inc (AAPL) Stock Surge Expected Soon as Analysts Predict iPhone Opening Weekend Sales
- Furore Over Facebook Mark Zuckerberg $10m Fortress In San Francisco
- Alibaba Sells Extra Shares; IPO Raises $25B, Breaks Global Record
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed