HTC One Updates to Android 4.1 Jellybean for O2 Owners
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 9, 2013 10:23 AM EST
Finally, the process has begun for the update of the last generation HTC One X smartphone. The device can now update its firmware version to Android 4.1 Jellybean owned by customers without SIM-free and unlocked handsets.
The update is now open for O2 customers with contract or pay-as-you-go phones equipped with all Jellybean features, including the Project Butter for faster user experience, and Google Now as the intelligent voice-guided assistant, enhanced notifications grouped by application and accessible within the notifications menu.
Android Beam is also in for easier photo and video sharing over the Near Field Communication technology, the browser has been improved to a quicker and smarter version and speech recognition for Voice Typing even without Internet connection.
For users who haven't received any notifications about the update, go to the "Settings" then proceed to "About Phone" for the manual update. Remember to always back up the device before performing any update to avoid data loses.
Android Jellybean version is so popular that every month or so, updates come out from several companies to their mid-range to high-end mobile devices. The Jellybean 4.1 and 4.2 versions began to grow in population among Android devices and has a 10 per cent share in the Android pie. This is followed by the 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich owned in almost 30 per cent of all Android devices, then 2.3 Gingerbread with less than 50 per cent and the 2.2 Froyo which has fallen below 10 per cent.
Because more and more devices are released with ICS version at least, the Google mobile operating system allows more users to obtain the latest Android technology and indicates the ever growing popularity of the Android OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar