HTC One Updates to Android 4.1 Jellybean for O2 Owners
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 9, 2013 10:23 AM EST
Finally, the process has begun for the update of the last generation HTC One X smartphone. The device can now update its firmware version to Android 4.1 Jellybean owned by customers without SIM-free and unlocked handsets.
The update is now open for O2 customers with contract or pay-as-you-go phones equipped with all Jellybean features, including the Project Butter for faster user experience, and Google Now as the intelligent voice-guided assistant, enhanced notifications grouped by application and accessible within the notifications menu.
Android Beam is also in for easier photo and video sharing over the Near Field Communication technology, the browser has been improved to a quicker and smarter version and speech recognition for Voice Typing even without Internet connection.
For users who haven't received any notifications about the update, go to the "Settings" then proceed to "About Phone" for the manual update. Remember to always back up the device before performing any update to avoid data loses.
Android Jellybean version is so popular that every month or so, updates come out from several companies to their mid-range to high-end mobile devices. The Jellybean 4.1 and 4.2 versions began to grow in population among Android devices and has a 10 per cent share in the Android pie. This is followed by the 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich owned in almost 30 per cent of all Android devices, then 2.3 Gingerbread with less than 50 per cent and the 2.2 Froyo which has fallen below 10 per cent.
Because more and more devices are released with ICS version at least, the Google mobile operating system allows more users to obtain the latest Android technology and indicates the ever growing popularity of the Android OS.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories