The Phil Flynn Energy Report - The Natural
By Phil Flynn | January 9, 2013 1:18 AM EST
The natural gas market was edging higher on colder weather forecasts but was thwarted by a historic announcement. The Energy Information Admistration gave pause to natural gas bulls when it reported that US gross natural gas production hit a record high 73.54 billion cubic feet a day in October. That was up 0.4 percent from the month of September that was also upwardly revised and more than the market expected. Now when you couple that with the fact that more pipelines are coming online to get that increased gas production into Henry Hub the longer term expectations for end of season storage has to start risng. So in other words it will be hard to keep gas strong as it is clear that production is on an upward trajectory despite the weakness in price.
The colder temperatures did support oil that was being weighed down by an anticipated rebound in supply. Heating oil led the way and RBOB received support by reports of a Bayway Flaring incident. The market was also moved by stock market gyrations which mean that earnings could impact the price of oil. Technically crude still looks to move higher. Of course the "gas-oil" and natural gas market seems to be the strongest as cold weather in Europe and China are supporting prices. Reuters reports that British gas for immediate delivery rose to a near 2-week high on Monday morning as forecasts of cold weather and rising industrial consumption after the extended holiday period boosted demand outlooks.
Daily average temperatures were expected to drop to below 2 degrees Celsius by early next week, down from around 10 degrees Celsius forecast for Tuesday. Cooler weather was expected to boost gas-fired heating demand.
In Asia distillate and Jet fuel margins at one-week high as kerosene demand from Japan continued to be strong on a colder than anticipated winter. Still the gasoil market, on the other hand, has been adequately supplied with more spot barrels seen coming out from India and Taiwan.
Make sure you open your Price Futures Group account today! Just call me at 888-264-5665 or email me at email@example.com
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories