Tottenham In Discussions With £10m Moroccan Midfielder – Report
By Vanessa Keller | January 8, 2013 9:14 PM EST
Reports in France claim Tottenham have entered discussions with Montpellier to purchase playmaker Younes Belhanda, with the 22-year-old high on Andre Villas-Boas' wishlist for the January transfer window.
Villas-Boas is believed to be looking to build on his attacking options at Spurs, and with Belhanda currently boasting a record of eight goals in 22 appearances for his current side, Le10Sport claims the north London club hold him in very high regard.
A deal for Belhanda to join Fenerbahce looked close at the beginning of the month, but the Turkish club's vice president Abdullah Kiğılı admitted yesterday that the asking price was too much for the Morocco international.
"We have put our efforts to sign Younes Belhanda on hold, the asking price for Belhanda has risen to an astronomical level," he told Turkish Football.
"We met with Belhanda however, the current price being quoted is too high. We are in talks with a few other players however, will not be revealing any names.
"As soon as we tell the media who we are negotiating with, the player's price increases. We will have completed our transfers within the next week."
This is believed to have put Tottenham on high alert for the £10 million-rated midfielder, who was named France's young player of the year last season.
The star could also serve to be a long-term replacement for the departed Luka Modric, who made a big money move to Real Madrid in the summer and has left a hole in the middle of the park.
Villas-Boas had been coy over whether Tottenham would have a busy transfer window, but so far the side have been very active, wrapping up deals for long-term target Ezekiel Fryers and signing a pre-contract agreement with Lewis Holtby to make a move to White Hart Lane in the summer on a free transfer.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Final: USA Vs. Serbia Live Streaming Info, Key Players And Preview
- Manchester United News: Man Utd. vs QPR - Preview and Live Streaming Link
- Reports Indicate Mayweather Has 2 Girlfriends: Bad Medina & Liza Hernandez
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Mayweather To Add $32 Million To Wealth Regardless Of Result Of Maidana Rematch
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List