No Pants Subway Ride 2013 Hits NYC And Cities Around The World [CITY LIST, VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 8, 2013 6:25 AM EST
The New York City subway can be a strange place, and it will only get stranger when passengers take off their pants. The group Improve Everywhere has organized the 12 annual No Pants Subway Ride in the dead of winter: Jan. 13.
The event taking place from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. this Sunday will be held in New York City and around the world, with participants encouraged to ride the public train in their underpants.
“The turnout was great last year and the after party was one of the biggest we have had,” said event organizer James Cobalt about the 2012 event, according to BostInno. “This will be the sixth year in a row we will have this in Boston, and it’s really exciting.”
Potential coordinators can register their area for the event. Participating cities will be listed on Facebook and the Improve Everywhere website.
Participating cities range from Boston to Jerusalem, with 60 places named so far.
The Facebook page for the New York City No Pants Subway Ride 2013 event has over 3 thousand people claiming they will be attending the worldwide event.
The event page also links to the No Pants Official Afterparty for NYC participants; “A pantless party at Bar 13 on 13th Street on the 13th day of 2013!” reads the event description. The cheeky party will have a $10 cover and drink specials “for the pantless.”
Participating cities include: Adelaide, Amsterdam, Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Austin, Barcelona, Bangalore, Berlin, Boston, Brisbane, Buenos Aires, Calgary, Chicago, Cleveland, Copenhagen, Dallas, Hamburg, Helsinki, Houston, Istanbul, Jerusalem, Las Vegas, Lisbon, Ljubljana, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Manchester, Melbourne, Mexico City, Miami, Milan, Minneapolis, Munich, New York, Oslo, Paris, Phoenix, Portland, Porto, Prague, Prescott, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Santiago, Seattle, Sofia [Bulgaria], St. Louis, Stockholm, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Torino, Toronto, Valencia, Vancouver, Vienna, Warsaw, Washington, DC and Zürich.
Improve Everywhere has a promotional video uploaded to YouTube of the 2012 No Pants Subway Ride in New York City. Subway patrons are seen gathering and removing their pants as unaware riders look in in disbelief.
The flash mob organizers also posted a series of videos from each year's No Pants Subway Ride, along with a testimonial video from the perspective of a woman who witnessed the first pantless event in 2002.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers For Sept. 22-26, 2014: Consequences Of The Crichton-Clark Blast
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate