No Pants Subway Ride 2013 Hits NYC And Cities Around The World [CITY LIST, VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 8, 2013 6:25 AM EST
The New York City subway can be a strange place, and it will only get stranger when passengers take off their pants. The group Improve Everywhere has organized the 12 annual No Pants Subway Ride in the dead of winter: Jan. 13.
The event taking place from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. this Sunday will be held in New York City and around the world, with participants encouraged to ride the public train in their underpants.
“The turnout was great last year and the after party was one of the biggest we have had,” said event organizer James Cobalt about the 2012 event, according to BostInno. “This will be the sixth year in a row we will have this in Boston, and it’s really exciting.”
Potential coordinators can register their area for the event. Participating cities will be listed on Facebook and the Improve Everywhere website.
Participating cities range from Boston to Jerusalem, with 60 places named so far.
The Facebook page for the New York City No Pants Subway Ride 2013 event has over 3 thousand people claiming they will be attending the worldwide event.
The event page also links to the No Pants Official Afterparty for NYC participants; “A pantless party at Bar 13 on 13th Street on the 13th day of 2013!” reads the event description. The cheeky party will have a $10 cover and drink specials “for the pantless.”
Participating cities include: Adelaide, Amsterdam, Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Austin, Barcelona, Bangalore, Berlin, Boston, Brisbane, Buenos Aires, Calgary, Chicago, Cleveland, Copenhagen, Dallas, Hamburg, Helsinki, Houston, Istanbul, Jerusalem, Las Vegas, Lisbon, Ljubljana, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Manchester, Melbourne, Mexico City, Miami, Milan, Minneapolis, Munich, New York, Oslo, Paris, Phoenix, Portland, Porto, Prague, Prescott, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Santiago, Seattle, Sofia [Bulgaria], St. Louis, Stockholm, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Torino, Toronto, Valencia, Vancouver, Vienna, Warsaw, Washington, DC and Zürich.
Improve Everywhere has a promotional video uploaded to YouTube of the 2012 No Pants Subway Ride in New York City. Subway patrons are seen gathering and removing their pants as unaware riders look in in disbelief.
The flash mob organizers also posted a series of videos from each year's No Pants Subway Ride, along with a testimonial video from the perspective of a woman who witnessed the first pantless event in 2002.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage