No Pants Subway Ride 2013 Hits NYC And Cities Around The World [CITY LIST, VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 8, 2013 6:25 AM EST
The New York City subway can be a strange place, and it will only get stranger when passengers take off their pants. The group Improve Everywhere has organized the 12 annual No Pants Subway Ride in the dead of winter: Jan. 13.
The event taking place from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. this Sunday will be held in New York City and around the world, with participants encouraged to ride the public train in their underpants.
“The turnout was great last year and the after party was one of the biggest we have had,” said event organizer James Cobalt about the 2012 event, according to BostInno. “This will be the sixth year in a row we will have this in Boston, and it’s really exciting.”
Potential coordinators can register their area for the event. Participating cities will be listed on Facebook and the Improve Everywhere website.
Participating cities range from Boston to Jerusalem, with 60 places named so far.
The Facebook page for the New York City No Pants Subway Ride 2013 event has over 3 thousand people claiming they will be attending the worldwide event.
The event page also links to the No Pants Official Afterparty for NYC participants; “A pantless party at Bar 13 on 13th Street on the 13th day of 2013!” reads the event description. The cheeky party will have a $10 cover and drink specials “for the pantless.”
Participating cities include: Adelaide, Amsterdam, Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Austin, Barcelona, Bangalore, Berlin, Boston, Brisbane, Buenos Aires, Calgary, Chicago, Cleveland, Copenhagen, Dallas, Hamburg, Helsinki, Houston, Istanbul, Jerusalem, Las Vegas, Lisbon, Ljubljana, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Manchester, Melbourne, Mexico City, Miami, Milan, Minneapolis, Munich, New York, Oslo, Paris, Phoenix, Portland, Porto, Prague, Prescott, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Santiago, Seattle, Sofia [Bulgaria], St. Louis, Stockholm, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Torino, Toronto, Valencia, Vancouver, Vienna, Warsaw, Washington, DC and Zürich.
Improve Everywhere has a promotional video uploaded to YouTube of the 2012 No Pants Subway Ride in New York City. Subway patrons are seen gathering and removing their pants as unaware riders look in in disbelief.
The flash mob organizers also posted a series of videos from each year's No Pants Subway Ride, along with a testimonial video from the perspective of a woman who witnessed the first pantless event in 2002.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Boxing News 2014: Social Media War Between Boxers Continues As Pacquiao Repeats Comment That Mayweather Acts Like Uneducated Person, While Ignoring ‘Miss Pac Man’ Post
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate