No Pants Subway Ride 2013 Hits NYC And Cities Around The World [CITY LIST, VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 8, 2013 6:25 AM EST
The New York City subway can be a strange place, and it will only get stranger when passengers take off their pants. The group Improve Everywhere has organized the 12 annual No Pants Subway Ride in the dead of winter: Jan. 13.
The event taking place from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. this Sunday will be held in New York City and around the world, with participants encouraged to ride the public train in their underpants.
“The turnout was great last year and the after party was one of the biggest we have had,” said event organizer James Cobalt about the 2012 event, according to BostInno. “This will be the sixth year in a row we will have this in Boston, and it’s really exciting.”
Potential coordinators can register their area for the event. Participating cities will be listed on Facebook and the Improve Everywhere website.
Participating cities range from Boston to Jerusalem, with 60 places named so far.
The Facebook page for the New York City No Pants Subway Ride 2013 event has over 3 thousand people claiming they will be attending the worldwide event.
The event page also links to the No Pants Official Afterparty for NYC participants; “A pantless party at Bar 13 on 13th Street on the 13th day of 2013!” reads the event description. The cheeky party will have a $10 cover and drink specials “for the pantless.”
Participating cities include: Adelaide, Amsterdam, Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Austin, Barcelona, Bangalore, Berlin, Boston, Brisbane, Buenos Aires, Calgary, Chicago, Cleveland, Copenhagen, Dallas, Hamburg, Helsinki, Houston, Istanbul, Jerusalem, Las Vegas, Lisbon, Ljubljana, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Manchester, Melbourne, Mexico City, Miami, Milan, Minneapolis, Munich, New York, Oslo, Paris, Phoenix, Portland, Porto, Prague, Prescott, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Santiago, Seattle, Sofia [Bulgaria], St. Louis, Stockholm, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Torino, Toronto, Valencia, Vancouver, Vienna, Warsaw, Washington, DC and Zürich.
Improve Everywhere has a promotional video uploaded to YouTube of the 2012 No Pants Subway Ride in New York City. Subway patrons are seen gathering and removing their pants as unaware riders look in in disbelief.
The flash mob organizers also posted a series of videos from each year's No Pants Subway Ride, along with a testimonial video from the perspective of a woman who witnessed the first pantless event in 2002.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- Mark Ruffalo Turns Into Hulk For His Daughter And Another Preschooler
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Rick Grimes’ Group To Capture Cops In Episode 7 – ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- 'Revenge' Season 4 Spoilers: Daniel, Emily In Twisted Friendship; David Clarke Mystery Growing (Review, Updates)
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James