No Pants Subway Ride 2013 Hits NYC And Cities Around The World [CITY LIST, VIDEO]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 8, 2013 6:25 AM EST
The New York City subway can be a strange place, and it will only get stranger when passengers take off their pants. The group Improve Everywhere has organized the 12 annual No Pants Subway Ride in the dead of winter: Jan. 13.
The event taking place from 3:00 to 6:00 p.m. this Sunday will be held in New York City and around the world, with participants encouraged to ride the public train in their underpants.
“The turnout was great last year and the after party was one of the biggest we have had,” said event organizer James Cobalt about the 2012 event, according to BostInno. “This will be the sixth year in a row we will have this in Boston, and it’s really exciting.”
Potential coordinators can register their area for the event. Participating cities will be listed on Facebook and the Improve Everywhere website.
Participating cities range from Boston to Jerusalem, with 60 places named so far.
The Facebook page for the New York City No Pants Subway Ride 2013 event has over 3 thousand people claiming they will be attending the worldwide event.
The event page also links to the No Pants Official Afterparty for NYC participants; “A pantless party at Bar 13 on 13th Street on the 13th day of 2013!” reads the event description. The cheeky party will have a $10 cover and drink specials “for the pantless.”
Participating cities include: Adelaide, Amsterdam, Ann Arbor, Atlanta, Austin, Barcelona, Bangalore, Berlin, Boston, Brisbane, Buenos Aires, Calgary, Chicago, Cleveland, Copenhagen, Dallas, Hamburg, Helsinki, Houston, Istanbul, Jerusalem, Las Vegas, Lisbon, Ljubljana, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Manchester, Melbourne, Mexico City, Miami, Milan, Minneapolis, Munich, New York, Oslo, Paris, Phoenix, Portland, Porto, Prague, Prescott, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Francisco, Santiago, Seattle, Sofia [Bulgaria], St. Louis, Stockholm, Sydney, Tel Aviv, Torino, Toronto, Valencia, Vancouver, Vienna, Warsaw, Washington, DC and Zürich.
Improve Everywhere has a promotional video uploaded to YouTube of the 2012 No Pants Subway Ride in New York City. Subway patrons are seen gathering and removing their pants as unaware riders look in in disbelief.
The flash mob organizers also posted a series of videos from each year's No Pants Subway Ride, along with a testimonial video from the perspective of a woman who witnessed the first pantless event in 2002.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez's Mystery Man Identified as Businessman Tommy Chiabra, Singer Flirts and Shares Same Towel with Him -- Reports
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Report: Duchess Expecting a Baby Girl, Prince William Wants 3 Kids [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown