Death Plunge Teenager Chevonea Kendall-Bryan 'Forced into Sex Acts at Party'
By Dominic Gover | January 8, 2013 6:20 AM EST
A girl who was bullied at school plunged to her death after being forced into committing lewd sex acts at a party, an inquest has been told.
Chevonea Kendall-Bryan died after she fell 60ft from her family's flat in Battersea, south London.
The 13-year-old had been sexually abused at a party and on the following day - just weeks before her death.
The inquest at North Westminster coroners court heard from Chevonea's bereaved mother that her daughter was the victim of bullies at school who pushed and kicked her.
Amanda Kendall recounted the moment she heard from teachers that her child had been sexually abused.
"I was called to the school. Chevonea went to a party, there was some sexual activity. She had gone to a party with a friend. They left and were walking and her friend was with her boyfriend and another boy," she said.
"Her friend went in a block of flats with her boyfriend. Chevonea was left with the other boy. She felt like she had to do it. He forced her to do it because she didn't know what would happen if she didn't do it."
The day after that, Chevonea was targeted by another boy who made her perform another sex act.
Again, she complied out of fear, her mother said.
The coroner was told that the bullying at school had hit Chenovea's confidence.
"She wasn't the same bubbly person she was when she started at school. Matters got worse, she started self-harming. That was a way of taking away the pain of being bullied," she said.
Chevonea died from severe brain injuries. The hearing continues.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Video Showing Mentally Disabled African American Shot 46 Times By Eight Police Officers For Just Holding A Penknife
- Brisbane Woman Performs Sex With Dog, Gets Charged With Bestiality
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Forced To Return To Royal Engagements, Feuding With The Queen Over Royal Duties---Report
- Google Loses Lawsuit Against Canadian Woman Over Breast Exposure
- Robbery Attempt in Sydney Bank, Armed Robbers on The Loose
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery