‘Chicken Brain’ in KFC Meal Discovered by Colchester Student Ibrahim Langoo [PHOTO]
By Ewan Palmer | January 8, 2013 3:16 AM EST
A student has described his disgust after he discovered what appeared to be a chicken's brain inside his KFC meal.
Ibrahim Langoo,19, has vowed never to eat at the fast-food chain ever again after discovering the "brain-like" material inside his meal at a branch in Colchester, Essex.
Langoo took a picture of the meal and uploaded it to Facebook, where it has been shared hundreds of times. He also went online to complain directly to the company.
The company apologised to Langoo and has offered him KFC vouchers. Analysts with KFC said they believe the photograph was of a chicken kidney.
Langoo told the Sun: "I have a habit of picking the chicken off the bone with my fingers and as I pulled the second piece apart, I saw this horrible wrinkled foreign body.
"I threw it down on to my tray immediately. It looked like a brain. I suddenly felt grim and really sick. I couldn't bring myself to pick the lump up so I went to the serving counter to complain.
"It was about 1pm and pretty hectic in the restaurant and as it was so busy none of the staff helped me. I was grossed out by the fact that I could so easily have eaten it without realising.
"I just wanted to get out of KFC as quickly as I could."
A company spokesman said: 'We always try to ensure the highest standards in all of our restaurants.
"Although we haven't received the product, it appears from a photograph that unfortunately on this occasion a kidney, and not a brain as claimed, was not removed in the preparation process.
"We're very sorry about Mr Langoo's experience and while there was no health risk, we agree it was unsightly. We will be carrying out a full investigation and providing him with a gesture of goodwill."
Langoo added: "I never want to eat KFC again - in Colchester or anywhere else. I'll eat chicken at home, where I can see how it's been prepared."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Celebrities Who Were Victims of Rape: Psychological and Physical Effects of Rape
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Women’s Tennis’ Grand Slam Winners Of 2014 - Li Na, Sharapova, Kvitova, And Williams
- Kanye West, Ben Affleck, Serena Williams Are Victims Of Migraines: Ways To Tackle It
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Sickness: Prince Harry Cancels His 30th Birthday Party And Chose For Simple Gathering
- Afghan Pizza Man Shot Dead in Canada
- Canadian Feminists Angry At Japanese Naked Sushi Dining Experience As Sexist, Discriminatory
- At What Age Do Boys And Girls Look Best To Each Other?
- Canada Fire May Destroy Valuable Artwork
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- US Government Threatened Yahoo to Provide User Data: If not Pay a Fine of $250,000 per day
- Optus Successfully Launches Optus 10 Satellite That Will Improve TV, Internet, Phone & Data Transmission In Australia
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Moto X Pure Edition is Coming Soon with Wi-Fi Calling – Reports
- 7 Reasons Why Atlassian Topped BRW’s Best Place To Work In Australia 2014 List