‘Chicken Brain’ in KFC Meal Discovered by Colchester Student Ibrahim Langoo [PHOTO]
By Ewan Palmer | January 8, 2013 3:16 AM EST
A student has described his disgust after he discovered what appeared to be a chicken's brain inside his KFC meal.
Ibrahim Langoo,19, has vowed never to eat at the fast-food chain ever again after discovering the "brain-like" material inside his meal at a branch in Colchester, Essex.
Langoo took a picture of the meal and uploaded it to Facebook, where it has been shared hundreds of times. He also went online to complain directly to the company.
The company apologised to Langoo and has offered him KFC vouchers. Analysts with KFC said they believe the photograph was of a chicken kidney.
Langoo told the Sun: "I have a habit of picking the chicken off the bone with my fingers and as I pulled the second piece apart, I saw this horrible wrinkled foreign body.
"I threw it down on to my tray immediately. It looked like a brain. I suddenly felt grim and really sick. I couldn't bring myself to pick the lump up so I went to the serving counter to complain.
"It was about 1pm and pretty hectic in the restaurant and as it was so busy none of the staff helped me. I was grossed out by the fact that I could so easily have eaten it without realising.
"I just wanted to get out of KFC as quickly as I could."
A company spokesman said: 'We always try to ensure the highest standards in all of our restaurants.
"Although we haven't received the product, it appears from a photograph that unfortunately on this occasion a kidney, and not a brain as claimed, was not removed in the preparation process.
"We're very sorry about Mr Langoo's experience and while there was no health risk, we agree it was unsightly. We will be carrying out a full investigation and providing him with a gesture of goodwill."
Langoo added: "I never want to eat KFC again - in Colchester or anywhere else. I'll eat chicken at home, where I can see how it's been prepared."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Spotted All Smiles, Sickness Seems Over
- 14 Contestants For Miss Hitler 2014 Beauty Pageant Organised By Russian Equivalent Of Facebook
- 2014 Meteor Shower: Slooh To Have Live Broadcast Of Orionids Meteor Shower October 21 Peak, NASA Assures Ideal Observing Conditions
- Kate Middleton To Give Birth To A 'Cheerful' Baby, Duchess Not Carrying Twins---Report
- 63-Year-Old Admits He Has Made Love To More Than 700 Cars But Now Remains Faithful To Just One Beetle
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage