Mahindra 2 Wheelers to Unveil 300cc Mojo Next Fiscal [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 7, 2013 5:06 PM EST
Mahindra 2 Wheelers, a part of Mahindra and Mahindra, will launch its 300cc motorcycle Mojo in the coming financial year.
The company, which made its comeback in the last week with the launch of 110cc Pantero and Centuro, is now gearing to set yet another bench, mark with the 300cc Mojo.
"We are going through testing protocols right now for the engine. We are hopeful of its launch in the next fiscal," said Anoop Mathur, president of two-wheeler sector and member of the group executive board, Mahindra & Mahindra, according to Press Trust of India.
He said that a variant of Rodeo is also ready to hit the roads in the next fortnight. Mahindra 2 Wheelers, which had lost market in 2011 after the withdrawal of its Stallio, has aggressive plans for the return.
The company is also expected to launch a new scooter model in the third quarter of the financial year.
"We want our presence across segments and ranges. Our plan is to come out with new models of scooters and motor cycle at frequent intervals over the next three to five years," Mathur added.
Mahindra 2 Wheeler has also plans to begin the export of motorcycles from March 2013. The Pantero and Centuro run on the Micro Chip Ignited 5-Curve (MCi-5) engines which are designed in-house and will be manufactured at Pithampur plant near Indore. Mahindra Pantero, expected to hit the market first, targets the youth. It comes with an 110cc MCi-5 (Micro Chip Ignited 5-Curve) engine which is capable of generating an 8.6PS of power at 7,500 rpm. It boasts of features like LED pilot lamps, alloy wheels and digital dashboard. It is claims a mileage of 79.5 kilometer per liter.The Centuro boasts features like anti-theft system, LED tail and pilot lamps along with Guide lamps.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Tesco Facing Crisis After Chairman Quits Citing Accounting Scandal In The Retail Giant
- #Snapgate: iPad Air 2 Breaks While Undergoing Bend Test
- Australian Federal Court Fines Reebok $350,000 & Orders Refunds For Shoe Endorsed By Miranda Kerr That Claims Unproven Health Benefits
- Perth Call Centre Staff Bad In English And Not Philippine And Indian Counterparts, Telstra Boss Says
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine