Mahindra 2 Wheelers to Unveil 300cc Mojo Next Fiscal [PHOTOS]
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 7, 2013 5:06 PM EST
Mahindra 2 Wheelers, a part of Mahindra and Mahindra, will launch its 300cc motorcycle Mojo in the coming financial year.
The company, which made its comeback in the last week with the launch of 110cc Pantero and Centuro, is now gearing to set yet another bench, mark with the 300cc Mojo.
"We are going through testing protocols right now for the engine. We are hopeful of its launch in the next fiscal," said Anoop Mathur, president of two-wheeler sector and member of the group executive board, Mahindra & Mahindra, according to Press Trust of India.
He said that a variant of Rodeo is also ready to hit the roads in the next fortnight. Mahindra 2 Wheelers, which had lost market in 2011 after the withdrawal of its Stallio, has aggressive plans for the return.
The company is also expected to launch a new scooter model in the third quarter of the financial year.
"We want our presence across segments and ranges. Our plan is to come out with new models of scooters and motor cycle at frequent intervals over the next three to five years," Mathur added.
Mahindra 2 Wheeler has also plans to begin the export of motorcycles from March 2013. The Pantero and Centuro run on the Micro Chip Ignited 5-Curve (MCi-5) engines which are designed in-house and will be manufactured at Pithampur plant near Indore. Mahindra Pantero, expected to hit the market first, targets the youth. It comes with an 110cc MCi-5 (Micro Chip Ignited 5-Curve) engine which is capable of generating an 8.6PS of power at 7,500 rpm. It boasts of features like LED pilot lamps, alloy wheels and digital dashboard. It is claims a mileage of 79.5 kilometer per liter.The Centuro boasts features like anti-theft system, LED tail and pilot lamps along with Guide lamps.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Floyd Mayweather Gets Investment Advice from Warren Buffett What to Do With Millions
- Former U.S. VP Al Gore Backs Ovo Energy by Investing £8 Million Before IPO
- Study Shows Gap Between What Advisors Say and What Resonates with Investors
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0