$US40 Nexus 7 Dock from Asus to Start Shipping on Jan 10
By Erik Pineda | January 7, 2013 4:38 PM EST
The Nexus 7 tablet dock is set to become officially available on Jan 10, 2013, at least for consumers' orders coming from the United States, as recently indicated by B&H on its official site.
The long-delayed Nexus 7 accessory was initially brought into consumers' consciousness shortly after the Google 7-inch tablet was uncloaked last year, but B&H only advertised its formal release in December 2012.
Now the long wait is over for Nexus tablet owners who have been waiting to get hold of the Asus-manufactured dock that allows the connection of other devices through its microUSB connector and 3.5 audio out jack.
For $US40, the Asus dock, thanks to its three-pin Pogo connectors, will provide separate data transmission and charging capabilities to Nexus 7 owners, plus the likelihood of attaching an external speaker to the tablet while it rests on the dock.
The functions and features that Google and Asus have generously deployed with the Nexus 7 will enjoy more premium with the companion dock, among them a more relaxed way of watching HD movies with the tablet that has garnered huge global attention both for its superb specs and affordable price.
A check on Google Play store showed that the 16GB Nexus 7 still sells for $US200, which is a steal considering the hardware attributes and the stock JellyBean version by Google that the slate is released with.
Incidentally, the tablet appears on stock now, according to Droid-Life, and is ready for buyers willing to wait from 7 to 14 days of delivery time at the maximum.
It is definitely good news for Android fans to learn that Google and Asus are stocking up on Nexus 7 inventory, but it would have been a lot better, UberGizmo noted, if its companion dock will be sold alongside (or offered as a package, maybe) via Google Play.
The Asus dock, after all, is touted as a Nexus 7 accessory officially sanctioned by Google.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown