$US40 Nexus 7 Dock from Asus to Start Shipping on Jan 10
By Erik Pineda | January 7, 2013 4:38 PM EST
The Nexus 7 tablet dock is set to become officially available on Jan 10, 2013, at least for consumers' orders coming from the United States, as recently indicated by B&H on its official site.
The long-delayed Nexus 7 accessory was initially brought into consumers' consciousness shortly after the Google 7-inch tablet was uncloaked last year, but B&H only advertised its formal release in December 2012.
Now the long wait is over for Nexus tablet owners who have been waiting to get hold of the Asus-manufactured dock that allows the connection of other devices through its microUSB connector and 3.5 audio out jack.
For $US40, the Asus dock, thanks to its three-pin Pogo connectors, will provide separate data transmission and charging capabilities to Nexus 7 owners, plus the likelihood of attaching an external speaker to the tablet while it rests on the dock.
The functions and features that Google and Asus have generously deployed with the Nexus 7 will enjoy more premium with the companion dock, among them a more relaxed way of watching HD movies with the tablet that has garnered huge global attention both for its superb specs and affordable price.
A check on Google Play store showed that the 16GB Nexus 7 still sells for $US200, which is a steal considering the hardware attributes and the stock JellyBean version by Google that the slate is released with.
Incidentally, the tablet appears on stock now, according to Droid-Life, and is ready for buyers willing to wait from 7 to 14 days of delivery time at the maximum.
It is definitely good news for Android fans to learn that Google and Asus are stocking up on Nexus 7 inventory, but it would have been a lot better, UberGizmo noted, if its companion dock will be sold alongside (or offered as a package, maybe) via Google Play.
The Asus dock, after all, is touted as a Nexus 7 accessory officially sanctioned by Google.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Masayoshi Son Is Japan’s Richest Man As Softbank Shares Surge Ahead Of Alibaba IPO; More Millionaires Among Alibaba Employees On The Way
- Pizza Hut Australia Sorry for Victoria Branch’s ‘Free Small Animal’ Campaign
- Ex-Male Strippers For Rent At $125/Hour To Act As ManServants
- Alibaba Hikes IPO Price Range To $66-$68 From $60-$66
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet