iPad Mini 2 Release Date, Specs, Rumours Round-up and Wish List
By Arlene Paredes | January 7, 2013 2:02 PM EST
iPad mini 2 release date will be announced sometime in the second half of the year, according to rumours in tech sites. Those considering buying the next version of the smaller iPad are advised to wait out because the next iPad mini will feature better screen display.
iPad Mini 2 Release Date: Too soon?
The general presumption among bloggers is that iPad mini 2 will be released in the fall season, so that would mean a holiday budget allocation to many gadgeteers. Considering manufacturing design, research and manufacturing considerations (among many others), it does seem too early to tell whether 2013 would see a new iPad mini.
iPad Mini 2 Specs in the Rumour Mill
Digitimes has been frequently cited for its speculation that the next iPad mini will feature a resolution of 2058 x 1536 pixels for a 326 ppi. This gives hope that Apple might add Retina display in the next generation iPad mini. The 7.9-inch screen size is expected to be maintained by Apple.
The iPad mini screen display currently has a pixel density of 163 ppi. In contrast, Nexus 7 packs 216 ppi in its screen. A lot of gadget shoppers were disappointed to find out that Retina was absent in the iPad mini when it was released in November. Apple is likely to make up for this in its next release.
iPad Mini 2 Wish List: Retina Display, Increased Memory, Reasonable Price and User-friendly Weight
When it comes to desired updates and improvements, there are at least four factors in the wish list of Apple users. Aside from the Retina display, users have pointed out a needed increase in memory (currently 512 MB) and a better pricing. The last factor may border on the impossible, but buyers can wish.
Some iPad mini users shifted from regular-sized iPads to the iPad mini over weight issues. At only 308 g (WiFi only) and 312 g (3G), the iPad mini is a light device for browsing, movie watching and e-book reading. It is hoped that the next generation iPad mini will not put on more weight, or if it does, may it still be easy on the hands.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced