LG Nexus 4 Successor Equipped with 2GHz Quad Core Processor and Key Lime Pie OS?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 7, 2013 12:16 PM EST
The successor of LG Nexus 4 is rumoured to sport a powerful 2GHz quad core processor and upcoming Android Key Lime Pie OS.
Some consumers are still waiting for the popular LG Nexus 4 but you may want to wait a little longer for the successor of the device. According to rumors, the device will have a 2GHz quad core processor and upcoming Android Key Lime Pie OS.
LG is set to release a new smartphone - LG Optimus 2. The device might also feature a 1,080p 5" screen, a 2GHz quad-core chip, camera improvements and LTE.
There is no real proof to say that LG are getting to release the next Nexus, but there has been talk of a Nexus programme that means multiple manufacturers can launch Nexus-branded smartphones. If this is the case, and next LG Nexus 4 is ideal, coming as it will with Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie.
LG has done an amazing job with its Nexus 4, as it has great hardware, a decent camera, and brilliant design and build quality. The only things missing were LTE and more storage, which may be sorted out by the successor of LG Nexus 4.
The Google-LG Nexus 4 boasts a 4.7 inch screen display with 1280x768 resolution, 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 8 MP camera and 2100 mAh battery.
The new Google-LG smartphone will run with the new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which equipped the device with new features upgrade such as better camera options and controls. This has become the selling point of the device.
On the other hand, some reports said that search engine giant Google is already working on the successor of the popular LG Nexus 4.
Google has been releasing Nexus smartphones and tablets over the years. Since it was launched, the Nexus line has included handsets from HTC, Samsung, and LG. However, it seems Google may be using the recently-acquired Motorola for its next phone.
Wall Street Journal quoted unnamed sources that a new device is on its way from Google-owned Motorola. These people say Motorola engineers are hard at work on a "sophisticated" handset codenamed 'X phone.' However, it is still unsure whether the device will be a Nexus-brand phone.
However, Google has not yet commented on the rumoured smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft