10 Best Business Apps for Android, iOS
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 7, 2013 11:29 AM EST
The New Year of 2013 has entered its second week and for many, this week would be back to business as usual. It is another year to make small, medium or large businesses more productive and efficient for loyal customers. Handling a business can be very stressful and demands a lot of time and effort, but through Android and iOS devices and apps, entrepreneurs and corporate executives can enjoy the advantage of having a secret adviser that can do things even when the assistant or accountant is not present.
5 Best Android Business Apps
1. Documents To Go - Since you are running a business and documents flows from one corner to another via SMS or email, a handy all-in-one office app is required. This app views native Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint files and attachments which supports file formats such as .doc, .docx, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, and .pptx. Purchasing the full version allows edit and creates MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint files, and viewing of PDF documents as well. Moreover, the app can sync to Google Docs, Desktop Sync in Windows PC, and Intact Technology to retain the original format file.
2. Bump - For business owners who are into tech, trendy and modern methods of running their companies, this application allows two phones to bump together to share photos, contacts, apps, and files. This cool app which replaces the classic business card also goes cross-platform on iPhone, iPod, and iPad.
3. AK Notepad - Fast texters on touchscreen smartphones can leave the jotter behind because this simple note-taking application features clean design for text notes, reminders, pin notes to the home screen, note colors, organise notes, sort and search, export/import, sharing via SMS or email, and passcode.
4. Meebo - Staying connected "Live" to clients and business partners is possible with this app. It connects the user virtually to any instant messaging service such as AIM, Facebook, Google Talk, ICQ, MSN, and Yahoo.
5. Cab4Me - During rush and you need a ride to an off-site meeting, you can use the Android phone app Cab4me to have a cab pick you up. The application detects your location and the quick mode allows the user to select a company and then orders a cab. The traditional call mode, which automatically dials the selected company for cab request, is also available.
5 Best iOS Business Apps
1. Expensify - Just in case confusion goes with stack of receipts and expense report forms, get Expensify app and file the information to your iPhone. The app syncs with credit cards to track purchases in real-time, pulls in electronic receipts, scans paper receipts, and generates PDF report that can be emailed to the finance department.
2. Siri Virtual: Personal Assistant - Business executives always required having a personal assistant to remind them of tasks, appointments, meetings, and calling their family. The Siri Assistant acts as a virtual assistant that has an intelligent software working around searches, voice commands, and tasks carried by you using the iPhone.
Incidentally, Siri does not work outside certain countries, thus, this Philippine spoof on the Siri.
3. Cisco WebEx: Virtual Meeting - If lacking in time just to make every single meeting you have to attend to, try something like a virtual meeting using the iPhone. This app is very useful for CEOs who are constantly on the go which allows them to do web conferencing and meetings anytime and anywhere.
4. Dragon Dictation: Speech Recognition - Just in case you are tired typing more and more emails to send over to your clients, the Dragon NaturallySpeaking powered app lets you speak and instantly see the text being typed for you. It is up to five times faster than typing on the keyboard.
5. FlightTrack Pro: After doing all meetings via web conferencing and updating your staff via email, it is important to know what is going on airborne. This app tracks down flight schedules in real-time and updates how long it will take to arrive at your destination. A map also simulates flight schedules.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier to Give $5,000 Assistance to Victims’ Families; Bankruptcy Looms as 2 Air Mishaps Would Cost Firm Minimum $80.55 M Compensation
- Foxconn And Pegatron Corp Readies For Apple's iPhone 6 Mass Production This Month
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales