Apple iPhone Mini Rumors: Smartphone Price Ranges from $200 to $250
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 7, 2013 11:13 AM EST
Price speculations are currently surrounding the innovative Apple iPhone mini. According to Peter Misek, a Jefferies analyst, the iPhone mini may have an early launch this summer at a price ranging from $200 to $250.
Apple's iPhone mini will have lower financial arrangements comparable with the iPad and iPad mini. Analysts are also claiming that the idea of Apple releasing a low-priced iPhone mini is to defeat its competitor, Samsung.
According to Neil Mawtson of Strategy Analytics, the technology giant Apple could be competing against Samsung's Galaxy S3 Mini. However, Mawtson thinks an iPhone mini release this year is a move too quick for the company.
"We believe Apple will have to launch an 'iPhone Mini' at some point over the next three years to address the hundreds of millions of prepaid users worldwide that cannot afford the current iPhone. The iPhone 5 is growing fast and profitably right now, so there is limited incentive for Apple to launch a profit-squeezing 'iPhone Mini' this year," analyst Neil Mawtson said to CNET.
"We expect the 'iPhone Mini' to be more likely next year, in 2014, when Apple's penetration of the global postpaid smart phone market will be nearing saturation and Apple will be forced to discover fresh growth streams elsewhere," Mawtson further added.
Meanwhile, other exciting rumors continue to surface with Apple's upcoming devices. According to The Inquisitr, a next generation iPhone is slated to include more highly developed features of an iOS and Mac OS X together with pico projectors that produce virtual keyboards and full-screen desktop display.
This year, Apple is also forecasted to venture into the smart watch market with its iWatch gadget. An iWatch would reportedly enable users to monitor and organize their iPhone and iPad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Motorola Droid Turbo v. Sony Xperia Z3: Camera Details, Battery Life And Durability
- ‘GTA V': 1.18 Update, Zombie DLC Release Date To Welcome Halloween
- Motorola Droid Turbo vs. Samsung Galaxy S5: Apps And Services, Camera Features, Battery Life And Durability
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family