Apple iPhone Mini Rumors: Smartphone Price Ranges from $200 to $250
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 7, 2013 11:13 AM EST
Price speculations are currently surrounding the innovative Apple iPhone mini. According to Peter Misek, a Jefferies analyst, the iPhone mini may have an early launch this summer at a price ranging from $200 to $250.
Apple's iPhone mini will have lower financial arrangements comparable with the iPad and iPad mini. Analysts are also claiming that the idea of Apple releasing a low-priced iPhone mini is to defeat its competitor, Samsung.
According to Neil Mawtson of Strategy Analytics, the technology giant Apple could be competing against Samsung's Galaxy S3 Mini. However, Mawtson thinks an iPhone mini release this year is a move too quick for the company.
"We believe Apple will have to launch an 'iPhone Mini' at some point over the next three years to address the hundreds of millions of prepaid users worldwide that cannot afford the current iPhone. The iPhone 5 is growing fast and profitably right now, so there is limited incentive for Apple to launch a profit-squeezing 'iPhone Mini' this year," analyst Neil Mawtson said to CNET.
"We expect the 'iPhone Mini' to be more likely next year, in 2014, when Apple's penetration of the global postpaid smart phone market will be nearing saturation and Apple will be forced to discover fresh growth streams elsewhere," Mawtson further added.
Meanwhile, other exciting rumors continue to surface with Apple's upcoming devices. According to The Inquisitr, a next generation iPhone is slated to include more highly developed features of an iOS and Mac OS X together with pico projectors that produce virtual keyboards and full-screen desktop display.
This year, Apple is also forecasted to venture into the smart watch market with its iWatch gadget. An iWatch would reportedly enable users to monitor and organize their iPhone and iPad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Hits Battle Frontier Plus New Discoveries
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Essential Tips For Nexus 6: Camera And Entertainment, Notifications And Privacy, Battery
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Starter Tips And Tricks: Character Creation, Combat Modes, Party, Looting, War Table
- Vodafone Australia Software Update Weekly Wrap For Nov. 20: Blackberry, HTC, Huawei, Samsung And Sony
- HTC One M9: Speculations on Release Date, Specs And Features
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top 9 TV Deals Starting From $99 To $899
- BlackBerry Classic (aka Q20) Keyboard Shortcuts Explained In A Quick Video
- Julie Bishop Condemns Barack Obama For Overlooking Australia’s Commitment in Protecting Great Barrier Reef