Apple iPhone Mini Rumors: Smartphone Price Ranges from $200 to $250
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 7, 2013 11:13 AM EST
Price speculations are currently surrounding the innovative Apple iPhone mini. According to Peter Misek, a Jefferies analyst, the iPhone mini may have an early launch this summer at a price ranging from $200 to $250.
Apple's iPhone mini will have lower financial arrangements comparable with the iPad and iPad mini. Analysts are also claiming that the idea of Apple releasing a low-priced iPhone mini is to defeat its competitor, Samsung.
According to Neil Mawtson of Strategy Analytics, the technology giant Apple could be competing against Samsung's Galaxy S3 Mini. However, Mawtson thinks an iPhone mini release this year is a move too quick for the company.
"We believe Apple will have to launch an 'iPhone Mini' at some point over the next three years to address the hundreds of millions of prepaid users worldwide that cannot afford the current iPhone. The iPhone 5 is growing fast and profitably right now, so there is limited incentive for Apple to launch a profit-squeezing 'iPhone Mini' this year," analyst Neil Mawtson said to CNET.
"We expect the 'iPhone Mini' to be more likely next year, in 2014, when Apple's penetration of the global postpaid smart phone market will be nearing saturation and Apple will be forced to discover fresh growth streams elsewhere," Mawtson further added.
Meanwhile, other exciting rumors continue to surface with Apple's upcoming devices. According to The Inquisitr, a next generation iPhone is slated to include more highly developed features of an iOS and Mac OS X together with pico projectors that produce virtual keyboards and full-screen desktop display.
This year, Apple is also forecasted to venture into the smart watch market with its iWatch gadget. An iWatch would reportedly enable users to monitor and organize their iPhone and iPad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge and Note 4 Designer Secrets: Behind The Materials, Edge Screen And S Pen
- 'The Sims 4' Mac Version: Bugs, Missing Elements Players Must Be Prepared Of
- 'Destiny' vs. 'Titanfall': New Legendary Gears Spotted And Update 8 Features Detailed
- 'World Of Warcraft' ‘The Iron Tide' 6.0.2 Patch Hotfixes Update Including New Resolved Issues Regarding Scenarios, Raids, Classes, Battlegrounds And Arenas
- How To Play 4K Graphics Quality On 1080p Games With Any Monitor Using NVIDIA Graphics Cards
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS