Apple iPhone Mini Rumors: Smartphone Price Ranges from $200 to $250
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 7, 2013 11:13 AM EST
Price speculations are currently surrounding the innovative Apple iPhone mini. According to Peter Misek, a Jefferies analyst, the iPhone mini may have an early launch this summer at a price ranging from $200 to $250.
Apple's iPhone mini will have lower financial arrangements comparable with the iPad and iPad mini. Analysts are also claiming that the idea of Apple releasing a low-priced iPhone mini is to defeat its competitor, Samsung.
According to Neil Mawtson of Strategy Analytics, the technology giant Apple could be competing against Samsung's Galaxy S3 Mini. However, Mawtson thinks an iPhone mini release this year is a move too quick for the company.
"We believe Apple will have to launch an 'iPhone Mini' at some point over the next three years to address the hundreds of millions of prepaid users worldwide that cannot afford the current iPhone. The iPhone 5 is growing fast and profitably right now, so there is limited incentive for Apple to launch a profit-squeezing 'iPhone Mini' this year," analyst Neil Mawtson said to CNET.
"We expect the 'iPhone Mini' to be more likely next year, in 2014, when Apple's penetration of the global postpaid smart phone market will be nearing saturation and Apple will be forced to discover fresh growth streams elsewhere," Mawtson further added.
Meanwhile, other exciting rumors continue to surface with Apple's upcoming devices. According to The Inquisitr, a next generation iPhone is slated to include more highly developed features of an iOS and Mac OS X together with pico projectors that produce virtual keyboards and full-screen desktop display.
This year, Apple is also forecasted to venture into the smart watch market with its iWatch gadget. An iWatch would reportedly enable users to monitor and organize their iPhone and iPad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire’ Update Version 1.1, Eon Ticket And Delta Episode Info Appear
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]