Apple iPhone Mini Rumors: Smartphone Price Ranges from $200 to $250
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 7, 2013 11:13 AM EST
Price speculations are currently surrounding the innovative Apple iPhone mini. According to Peter Misek, a Jefferies analyst, the iPhone mini may have an early launch this summer at a price ranging from $200 to $250.
Apple's iPhone mini will have lower financial arrangements comparable with the iPad and iPad mini. Analysts are also claiming that the idea of Apple releasing a low-priced iPhone mini is to defeat its competitor, Samsung.
According to Neil Mawtson of Strategy Analytics, the technology giant Apple could be competing against Samsung's Galaxy S3 Mini. However, Mawtson thinks an iPhone mini release this year is a move too quick for the company.
"We believe Apple will have to launch an 'iPhone Mini' at some point over the next three years to address the hundreds of millions of prepaid users worldwide that cannot afford the current iPhone. The iPhone 5 is growing fast and profitably right now, so there is limited incentive for Apple to launch a profit-squeezing 'iPhone Mini' this year," analyst Neil Mawtson said to CNET.
"We expect the 'iPhone Mini' to be more likely next year, in 2014, when Apple's penetration of the global postpaid smart phone market will be nearing saturation and Apple will be forced to discover fresh growth streams elsewhere," Mawtson further added.
Meanwhile, other exciting rumors continue to surface with Apple's upcoming devices. According to The Inquisitr, a next generation iPhone is slated to include more highly developed features of an iOS and Mac OS X together with pico projectors that produce virtual keyboards and full-screen desktop display.
This year, Apple is also forecasted to venture into the smart watch market with its iWatch gadget. An iWatch would reportedly enable users to monitor and organize their iPhone and iPad.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update for Moto X Reported With Poor Battery Life; Six Ways to Resolve the Issue
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- Destiny Beta Now into Maintenance; Xbox One Version Prepped for 1080p in Final Run
- PS4 News: Developments for Uncharted 4, The Last of Us Remastered and a Possible New PS4/PS Vita Game
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- Apple Logo on iPhone 6 Might Double as Notification LED; Roughly 80M iPhone 6 Units Ordered Targeting Release Date—Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air