Samsung Galaxy S4 Release Date Pegged in Post May 2013 with New Design?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 7, 2013 10:35 AM EST
A Facebook user posted on Samsung Lebanon's wall this week inquiring about the release of the Galaxy S4 and received a big hint on when the smartphone will officially launch.
"Hey, is there any news for the Samsung Galaxy S4 release," wrote Anthony Ghattas on Samsung's page.
Samsung replied saying that the Galaxy S4 will not be released any time before May 2013. This information must be taken with a grain of salt as statements made on Samsung's Facebook pages are not always accurate.
Samsung also issued a response later on that clarified what it mean by its first statement. "What we said is only trivial since all Galaxy S series are released between late April and Early May, yet there's no way for anyone to know the exact release date," said Samsung.
Based on the photo posted SamMobile, that the new gadget will sport a 5-inch display and a new design with no buttons on the case. The handset is also believed to have a quad core processor and a 13MP rear camera.
"We of SamMobile just received a huge tip from our insider at Samsung and according to him this is the next generation of the Galaxy S series, the Galaxy S IV. We can't 100% confirm if this is indeed the Galaxy S IV but the picture he sent us looks really sharp and doesn't look fake at all."
IBTimes AU reported earlier that the Samsung Galaxy S4 will be a fusion of SG3 and Note 2 with the supposed inception of the S-Pen found on the Samsung's phablet.
According to rumours, Samsung Galaxy S4 may boast a massive 5-inch display which throws it right into the phablet category. It will also have a 13MP rear camera, a bigger battery and the new EXYNOS 5440 quad-core processor, which will make the device thicker.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 is anticipated for release on either the second or third quarter of the year as it is planning for a head start over its rival. The iPhone is usually released around either third or fourth quarter of the year.
Samsung has not yet confirmed nor denied the rumoured features of the upcoming smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast