Cops Caught Egging House Of Superior Officer In Massachusetts
By Charles Poladian | January 5, 2013 6:41 AM EST
Several police officers were caught egging the house of a superior officer last month. The three officers from Newton, Mass., were not charged with any crimes, although the police department said it will be investigating the matter.
The MetroWest Daily News said that the three police officers were off-duty at the time of the egging incident, which occurred on Dec. 11.
According to the report, the egging occurred around 1:51 a.m. and officers were called to the scene of the incident, a home on Griffin Road in Framingham, Mass. The initial report cited two “teenagers” as the culprits that were throwing eggs at the house, and the person who called in the report said the two individuals drove off in a red car.
When the Framingham police officers stopped a red car near the home of the egging victim, the occupants were not teenage hooligans but two off-duty police officers from nearby Newton, Mass., the report said. The driver reportedly admitted to the responding officer that they had egged the house but that it was a harmless prank, “a joke between friends.” A third off-duty Newton police officer was found near the residence when police returned to the house to speak to the owner.
The three police officers have not been publicly identified.
The house belonged to a Newton police sergeant, The MetroWest Daily News article said. The police sergeant did not want to press charges and instead will handle the incident internally with the Newton Police Department, the newspaper article said. The Newton Police Department has not issued a statement regarding the egging incident involving four of its members.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Apple on iPhone 6 Release Date One Week After September 9 Despite Display Shortage Starting $800
- James Foley Video Had A Change Of Actor – Expert Points Out
- Canada Concerned About Russia’s Military Expansion in Arctic
- Nokia X2 vs. Nokia Lumia 530 - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Trending: Ice Bucket Challenge Replaced By Rubble Bucket Challenge By People Of Gaza