Cops Caught Egging House Of Superior Officer In Massachusetts
By Charles Poladian | January 5, 2013 6:41 AM EST
Several police officers were caught egging the house of a superior officer last month. The three officers from Newton, Mass., were not charged with any crimes, although the police department said it will be investigating the matter.
The MetroWest Daily News said that the three police officers were off-duty at the time of the egging incident, which occurred on Dec. 11.
According to the report, the egging occurred around 1:51 a.m. and officers were called to the scene of the incident, a home on Griffin Road in Framingham, Mass. The initial report cited two “teenagers” as the culprits that were throwing eggs at the house, and the person who called in the report said the two individuals drove off in a red car.
When the Framingham police officers stopped a red car near the home of the egging victim, the occupants were not teenage hooligans but two off-duty police officers from nearby Newton, Mass., the report said. The driver reportedly admitted to the responding officer that they had egged the house but that it was a harmless prank, “a joke between friends.” A third off-duty Newton police officer was found near the residence when police returned to the house to speak to the owner.
The three police officers have not been publicly identified.
The house belonged to a Newton police sergeant, The MetroWest Daily News article said. The police sergeant did not want to press charges and instead will handle the incident internally with the Newton Police Department, the newspaper article said. The Newton Police Department has not issued a statement regarding the egging incident involving four of its members.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Android Lollipop 5.0 Confirmed for Nov 3 Rollout as Nexus 6 Global Release Date is Delayed – Reports