Cops Caught Egging House Of Superior Officer In Massachusetts
By Charles Poladian | January 5, 2013 6:41 AM EST
Several police officers were caught egging the house of a superior officer last month. The three officers from Newton, Mass., were not charged with any crimes, although the police department said it will be investigating the matter.
The MetroWest Daily News said that the three police officers were off-duty at the time of the egging incident, which occurred on Dec. 11.
According to the report, the egging occurred around 1:51 a.m. and officers were called to the scene of the incident, a home on Griffin Road in Framingham, Mass. The initial report cited two “teenagers” as the culprits that were throwing eggs at the house, and the person who called in the report said the two individuals drove off in a red car.
When the Framingham police officers stopped a red car near the home of the egging victim, the occupants were not teenage hooligans but two off-duty police officers from nearby Newton, Mass., the report said. The driver reportedly admitted to the responding officer that they had egged the house but that it was a harmless prank, “a joke between friends.” A third off-duty Newton police officer was found near the residence when police returned to the house to speak to the owner.
The three police officers have not been publicly identified.
The house belonged to a Newton police sergeant, The MetroWest Daily News article said. The police sergeant did not want to press charges and instead will handle the incident internally with the Newton Police Department, the newspaper article said. The Newton Police Department has not issued a statement regarding the egging incident involving four of its members.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft