Exxon Mobil proceeds with $14 billion Canada oil field
January 5, 2013 4:42 AM EST
Exxon Mobil Corp
Exxon Mobil said the oil from Hebron will be produced with an iceberg-resistant gravity-based platform designed to pump 150,000 barrels a day. First oil is expected by 2017.
The project, in the Jeanne d'Arc Basin, 350 km (200 miles) southeast of St John's, Newfoundland, follows the other developments in the region -- Hibernia, Terra Nova and White Rose.
The other partners are Chevron Corp
(Reporting by Jeffrey Jones; editing by Gunna Dickson)
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports