Exxon Mobil proceeds with $14 billion Canada oil field
January 5, 2013 4:42 AM EST
Exxon Mobil Corp
Exxon Mobil said the oil from Hebron will be produced with an iceberg-resistant gravity-based platform designed to pump 150,000 barrels a day. First oil is expected by 2017.
The project, in the Jeanne d'Arc Basin, 350 km (200 miles) southeast of St John's, Newfoundland, follows the other developments in the region -- Hibernia, Terra Nova and White Rose.
The other partners are Chevron Corp
(Reporting by Jeffrey Jones; editing by Gunna Dickson)
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles