Phish Fan Killed By New York City Subway Train After New Year's Eve Concert
By Jeff Stone | January 5, 2013 4:34 AM EST
After the highly publicized deaths of two people pushed on to the tracks in December, New York City’s subway system continues to be the focus of sad news. Just hours into the new year, one young woman was killed after she was ran over by an early morning midtown train.
The first subway casualty of 2013 came when 28-year-old Dana Ferrari was crushed by a No. 2 train at the 34th street stop around 5:30 am on New Year’s Day. Ferrari travelled to New York from Pennsylvania with her fiancé to celebrate New Year’s Eve at a Phish concert at Madison Square Garden, multiple news reports said. At one point during the concert, her fiancé returned from the bathroom and found her missing, the reports said.
Ferrari was reportedly ejected from the night-long concert. One Phish-head wrote on a fan site that she was “kicked out around 3rd set for smoking a butt.” Her family was not present at the event, and said they were confused how she made it to the train station. They told the New York Post, “she definitely wasn’t a drinker,” adding that their last correspondence with her was a “Happy New Year” message sent hours before.
One post on Reddit from an anonymous user, titled “Lost my BFF after Phish and the Disco Biscuits,” claimed the following:
“She was spun and I guess confused the doors to the theater and Penn station,” the post read. “They were right next to each other. She ended up downstairs and wandered onto the tracks and laid down?! And was then hit by a train and died. I just can't wrap my head around it. How did she end up down there. Why did she lay down. I can only guess Xanax and L or some crazy mix like that.”
The couple reportedly had planned on spending the rest of the night at a Marriott Hotel. At the time of her death, she was carrying no identification, only a set of keys and a CVS card registered to her boyfriend, news reports said. The Medical Examiner has yet to determine the specific cause of death and has said “We are doing testing and further investigation."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29