Phish Fan Killed By New York City Subway Train After New Year's Eve Concert
By Jeff Stone | January 5, 2013 4:34 AM EST
After the highly publicized deaths of two people pushed on to the tracks in December, New York City’s subway system continues to be the focus of sad news. Just hours into the new year, one young woman was killed after she was ran over by an early morning midtown train.
The first subway casualty of 2013 came when 28-year-old Dana Ferrari was crushed by a No. 2 train at the 34th street stop around 5:30 am on New Year’s Day. Ferrari travelled to New York from Pennsylvania with her fiancé to celebrate New Year’s Eve at a Phish concert at Madison Square Garden, multiple news reports said. At one point during the concert, her fiancé returned from the bathroom and found her missing, the reports said.
Ferrari was reportedly ejected from the night-long concert. One Phish-head wrote on a fan site that she was “kicked out around 3rd set for smoking a butt.” Her family was not present at the event, and said they were confused how she made it to the train station. They told the New York Post, “she definitely wasn’t a drinker,” adding that their last correspondence with her was a “Happy New Year” message sent hours before.
One post on Reddit from an anonymous user, titled “Lost my BFF after Phish and the Disco Biscuits,” claimed the following:
“She was spun and I guess confused the doors to the theater and Penn station,” the post read. “They were right next to each other. She ended up downstairs and wandered onto the tracks and laid down?! And was then hit by a train and died. I just can't wrap my head around it. How did she end up down there. Why did she lay down. I can only guess Xanax and L or some crazy mix like that.”
The couple reportedly had planned on spending the rest of the night at a Marriott Hotel. At the time of her death, she was carrying no identification, only a set of keys and a CVS card registered to her boyfriend, news reports said. The Medical Examiner has yet to determine the specific cause of death and has said “We are doing testing and further investigation."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date