Bharti Airtel Introduces mEducation Services For Students, Professionals; Prices Begin from ₹1.5 per Day
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 4, 2013 3:50 PM EST
Bharti Airtel has introduced mEducation services that will allow subscribers to receive English learning, competitive exam preparation and career counselling on their mobile phones.
"In many parts of the country, access to formal education is still restricted. Mobile platform has the potential to bridge this restriction using technology. Airtel mEducation service uses technology-enabled platforms to address the challenging issues of education with an endeavour to enrich the lives of our customers," said Bharti Airtel President (Consumer Business) K Srinivas, Press Trust of India reported.
The latest service introduced by India's leading telecommunication operator will give customers access to their choice of courses like language skills, and entrance exam preparation from various universities and professors in India.
"The innovative new service platform now enables Airtel mobile customers across the country to easily access a host of education services including courses for language skills, entrance exam preparation and career counselling from the best of universities and professors in the country with just a few clicks on their mobile phones," said Airtel.
The services are said to be available in SMSs and voice formats. Subscribers can avail the service in regional languages as well. Charges for the new service are between ₹1.5 to ₹10 per day. The service offers mock tests for entrance and competitive exams, which is charged ₹99 for 12 mock tests.
Airtel has also launched a WI-FI hotspot service, WIFI Hangout, for prepaid customers in December along with a 'Call-me-back' service through which customers can access the internet from anywhere by activating 'Airtel Wi-Fi Zone' vouchers. The 'Call-me-back' service allows its prepaid users to send a request to their families or friends to call them back when the credit balance is less than ₹1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ebola Fears Cause Hysteria In United States And Around The World
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess All Smiles In First Public Appearance, Sickness Seems Over
- Baby Corpses Found in Storage Locker in Canada
- Woman Stuck In Chimney: Genoveva Nunez-Figueroa Arrested For Attempted Break-In After Rescue Team Pulls Stuck Woman Out Of Chimney
- ISIS Taking U.S.-Airdropped Weapons An 'Embarrassment'; Another Yazidi Massacre Looming [VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier