Bharti Airtel Introduces mEducation Services For Students, Professionals; Prices Begin from ₹1.5 per Day
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 4, 2013 3:50 PM EST
Bharti Airtel has introduced mEducation services that will allow subscribers to receive English learning, competitive exam preparation and career counselling on their mobile phones.
"In many parts of the country, access to formal education is still restricted. Mobile platform has the potential to bridge this restriction using technology. Airtel mEducation service uses technology-enabled platforms to address the challenging issues of education with an endeavour to enrich the lives of our customers," said Bharti Airtel President (Consumer Business) K Srinivas, Press Trust of India reported.
The latest service introduced by India's leading telecommunication operator will give customers access to their choice of courses like language skills, and entrance exam preparation from various universities and professors in India.
"The innovative new service platform now enables Airtel mobile customers across the country to easily access a host of education services including courses for language skills, entrance exam preparation and career counselling from the best of universities and professors in the country with just a few clicks on their mobile phones," said Airtel.
The services are said to be available in SMSs and voice formats. Subscribers can avail the service in regional languages as well. Charges for the new service are between ₹1.5 to ₹10 per day. The service offers mock tests for entrance and competitive exams, which is charged ₹99 for 12 mock tests.
Airtel has also launched a WI-FI hotspot service, WIFI Hangout, for prepaid customers in December along with a 'Call-me-back' service through which customers can access the internet from anywhere by activating 'Airtel Wi-Fi Zone' vouchers. The 'Call-me-back' service allows its prepaid users to send a request to their families or friends to call them back when the credit balance is less than ₹1.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- US Police Officers Shoot 12-Year-Old Child ‘By Mistake’
- Woman Charged For Leaving Her Baby in Drain in Australia Needs 'Compassion' Says Social Worker
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- New Zealanders in Australia Consider Moving Back to Home Country For Better Life
- New Zealand Pre-schooler Suffers Attack For Wearing A Jewish Cap; Anti-Semitic Act Condemned
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies