Robert Pattinson to Defy his Family’s Wishes for Kristen Stewart?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 4, 2013 2:50 PM EST
Reports say that Pattinson's family is really opposed to him dating Kristen Stewart but the British actor is ready to defy his family for his girlfriend.
Rob's sisters, Lizzy and Victoria, have not yet forgiving Stewart for cheating on their brother. According to OK! Magazine via Hollywood Life, an insider said "Lizzy and Vic tried to talk Rob into ditching Kristen for good. They feel he looks like a chump for taking her back so quickly".
The insider added that "Rob has told his family to back off. If they keep making things difficult, Kristen just may get her wish - and Rob could push them away."
Rumours roamed around that British actor Robert Pattinson proposed to his girlfriend Kristen Stewart just as the year changes and fireworks light up the sky last New Year's Eve.
The couple spent the New Year's together in London. Gossip website Metro UK reported that "this is the third year the pair have shunned showbiz New Year's Eve parties in favour of a more private celebration of their own on the Isle of Wight in the Victorian town of Ventnor."
"Several media outlets suggested that since the Isle of Wight has special significance to Rob and Kristen, it would be the ideal place for Rob to propose," the report added.
Last month, reports claimed that British actor Robert Pattinson is planning to ask Kristen Stewart's hand for marriage before he is set to fly to Australia for his next project.
This is backed by the rumour that Rob is reportedly plotting, planning and designing the perfect ring for Kristen's finger.
Rob seemed to be planning a romantic proposal for his girlfriend that contradicts the on-going rumours that the Twilight couple is already planning their wedding supported by reports saying that Kristen is shopping for a vintage wedding dress and Rob writing a wedding song.
"Both Rob and Kristen love NYC and want to get a place of their own there. They will start looking in the New Year," a friend told the gossip website.
"They are both going to be super busy filming, especially Rob, but this is something they have been wanting to do but just haven't found the time. They are excited to have some roots in the city, most likely in the downtown area, like the East or West Village," the friend added.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell
- Hilary Duff's New Music Video Chasing the Sun Goes Viral on YouTube [WATCH VIDEO]
- LeBron James to Return to Miami, Face Heat on Christmas Day 2014
- Shanghai Stock Exchange Will Not Extend Trading Hours
- Qatar's Surging Real Estate Prices Won't Affect Thriving Economy – Report