Nokia Lumia 920 Successor 'Catwalk' to have Lighter Aluminum Body?
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 4, 2013 11:44 AM EST
Finnish giant Nokia is rumoured to make a lighter and thinner Lumia 920 made of aluminum.
Since the debut of the Lumia line in late 2011 every Nokia Windows Phone had a polycarbonate shell. According to The Verge, this new Lumia device will likely have an aluminum shell which will make it lighter than the current Nokia flagship Lumia 920.
The supposed successor of Nokia Lumia 920 is rumoured to be named "Catwalk". By switching to aluminum Nokia can better compete with Apple's upcoming iPhone 6 in terms of weight and thickness.
Nokia used aluminum before with its other smartphones such as the N8 and E7. Nokia's smartphones are typically praised for their industrial design. The company's high-end Lumia phones in particular are often praised by reviewers for their appearance.
The Nokia Catwalk will likely retain some of the features of the Nokia Lumia 920 such as the amazing PureView camera like the current flagship phone. The PureView camera in the Nokia Lumia 920 offer image stabilization as well as better low-light photos than most other smartphones and point-and-shoot cameras.
According to the tipster, the Catwalk will arrive with two other new Lumia devices, as a refresh to the company's Windows Phone range, though no timescale for their release has been given.
Last September, Nokia also announced its flagship phone - Nokia Lumia 920. The smartphone runs on Windows Phone 8. It also boasts some amazing features such as PureMotion HD+ screen display, great camera and wireless battery.
The Nokia Lumia 920 has Windows Phone 8 for its operating system and offers home screen tiles, which can be customized and provide updates in real time. The handset also has Nokia maps and Office.
Thus, the choice lies to the consumer whether they prefer a fast Android smartphone with expandable storage or a Windows Phone 8 smartphone with great screen display and camera.
Nokia has not yet commented on the rumours on its upcoming smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family