Intense Heat Wave Continues to Scorch Queensland and Other Areas in Australia
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 4, 2013 11:36 AM EST
People living in the remote area of Queensland are preparing well to face another scorching day. On the border of Simpson Desert in Queensland's far southwest, Birdsville is anticipated to reach a temperature of 47 degrees Celsius today.
Other Queensland areas that will face the wrath of heat today are Winton at 43 degrees Celsius while Longreach and Mount Isa are predicted to reach a temperature of 41 degrees Celsius.
The Federal Government notified the Australian residents to be alert and ready with their survival plans. Minister Nicola Roxon of the Federal Emergency Management stated that people must verify the fire ban announcements in their area.
"Think about what you need in an emergency kit if you need to get away quickly. Make plans for what you'll do with your pets and don't take risks when those warnings have been issued. You can replace your belongings but you cannot replace your family and that should be the top priority for everyone," Minister Roxon declared.
Meanwhile, Adelaide is anticipating today a 44 degrees Celsius temperature. Melbourne is forecasted at 41 degrees Celsius and Hobart is at 39 degrees Celsius. Other areas of western Sydney, such as Campbelltown and Liverpool, are predicted to hit 37 degrees Celsius while Broken Hill and Tibooburra are anticipating a 44 degrees Celsius temperature.
In Victoria, safety measures are being carried out. A fire ban has been acknowledged statewide since the temperature is expected to rise up to 44 degrees Celsius in the northwest. The firefighters are prepared to act as the heat wave threatens the area.
Intense fire hazard conditions are also projected in the Upper South-East, Murraylands, Yorke Peninsula, Northwest Pastoral, West Coast, Lower Eyre Peninsula and Upper Eyre Peninsula fire ban districts.
Meanwhile, this intense heat wave is expected to scorch Australia until Thursday next week.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Update: Duchess Of Cambridge ‘Dissed’ By Camilla Parker-Bowles; Delivery Expected In April- Reports
- 'Green Alien Eggs' Spotted on Sydney's Dee Why Beach
- Robin Williams Confessed To Loving Billy Connolly Like A Brother In A Final Goodbye Call
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde Attends Father’s Funeral Without Handcuffs, Brother Thanks TPB Founder’s Supporters on Facebook
- Drag Queens Fume That Facebook Is Banning Aliases And Threaten to Drop Out Of It
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4
- U.S and Canada Fighter Jets Chase Out Russian Jets Near Alaska: Air Space Violation Not Confirmed