CES 2013: 6 Gadgets to Expect from Apple
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 4, 2013 11:31 AM EST
While the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) next week in Las Vegas is expected to show more cars and fewer electronic gadgets, techies nevertheless are anticipating the annual event.
Despite the reduced participation of major tech firms such as Microsoft, the show may just surprise consumers although one blog, the MIT Technology Review, said guests should not expect the biggest new tech releases for 2013 in CES.
Apple and Samsung are two out of so many tech companies that will present in the 2013 CES event and are expected to display more than smartphones.
Here are six gadgets that Apple is expected to showcase in CES 2013.
1. The Apple TV: The latest Apple TV offers up to 1920x1080 HD resolution of movie display, Apple A5 single-core chip processor, plays H.264/MPEG-4/M-JPEG video formats, and has Dolby Digital 5.1 surround sound system. The next Apple TV that will appear in the upcoming CES 2013 event was predicted last year and it quotes "thinking differently."
2. Mac Pro: The next generation of Mac Pro will appear some time in 2013 and is expected to have several outstanding improvements including the revolutionary video editing app - Final Cut Pro X. The current Mac Pro can have up to 12-core processor, installed with ATI Radeon HD graphics, and can hold up to four 512GB ultrafast hard drives.
4. iPhone with Two Sizes: Due to demands, the next generation of iPhone may come up with two different sizes and this is because women want a bigger device similar to Apple's competitors. The sizes and resolutions are still under the bracket of Apple's standards.
5. Retina Display: iPad mini will finally have it but larger devices like iMac is not having any treats for this feature due to high cost. However, Macbook Air is going to have a retina display coming soon.
6. New Camera Technology: The next generation of iPhone camera will come with a pre-installed database and new recognition software for recognizing paintings, landmarks, and famous people. This is a welcoming part for aspiring paparazzi.
With just a few days away from CES 2013, many technology editors, writers and consumers are expected to fly to Las Vegas for the event. MIT said Samsung is expected to have a major presence at the event.
More CES expectations in the following video.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales