Kelly Clarkson Doesn't Mind Lesbian Rumors
By Maria Vultaggio | January 4, 2013 10:17 AM EST
Many people have claimed that “American Idol” star Kelly Clarkson is a lesbian, but she says she's not "insulted."
The singer, who is engaged to Brandon Blackstock, says she is actually flattered when attractive women hit on her, even though she doesn’t understand why the gay rumors have been so rampant.
"People think, ‘Oh, she’s been single for too long.’ That’s kind of an insult to the gay community. Being single doesn’t mean you’re gay. But I’m never insulted by it, obviously. I mean, I get hit on by the hottest girls ever. Oh, my god, if I were a lesbian, I would be so in luck. But it’s not just my thing. I’ve always battled for the boys’ team.”
But Clarkson added that getting the guys to hit on her wasn’t as easy:
“Usually the guys who hit on me are tools. It’s the ones that don’t hit on you that make you like ‘Why didn’t you ask me out?’ It’s like 'American Idol' auditions: The guys who are the most confident are the horrible ones, and the ones who are good have no confidence at all.”
It’s clear that Clarkson is tolerant of all sexualities, but her fellow "American Idol" alum Fantasia Barrino can’t say the same.
Barrino made headlines after she was accused of making anti-gay marriage statements.
"I Rise ABOVE IT ALL!!! THE WORLD IS GONE MAD. KIDS, THE GOVERNMENT THE church House... Everybody Trying!!!!!!!" she wrote on her Instagram account on Wednesday. “Its a lot that going on that the Bible speaks about we should Not be doing. Weed legal in some places, Gay Marriage Legal BUT YET IM JUDGED!!! I'm not doing Nothing for you... My Life!!!!"
After receiving some negative feedback, Barrino tried to clear up her Instagram post, and her rep released a public statement that read:
"Comments made by Ms. Barrino through her Instagram account were recently taken far out of context. Ms. Barrino is not now, nor has she ever been an opponent of the LGBT community. She has supported and performed at numerous events that are sponsored by the LGBT community. Whether it's through a live performance or placement on social media, Ms. Barrino uses every opportunity to reach out and connect with her fans, all of her fans."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- The Burka Avenger Educates Children While Fighting For Girls' Education Rights In New Pakistan TV Show
- Christopher Walken To Play Mob Boss In Film Adaptation Of Four Seasons Musical 'Jersey Boys'
- William Cantrell Mistakes Human Ashes For Cocaine, May Have Snorted Remains
- Giant Alligator Eats 80-Pound Dog In North Carolina, Gator May Still Be Alive
- Steve McQueen's Last Ride, 1952 Custom Chevy Pickup Truck, Hits The Auction Block
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown