Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Sony Xperia Z: Which Android smartphone should you choose?
By Arlene Paredes | January 4, 2013 10:16 AM EST
Samsung Galaxy S3 has sold over 30 million units as of November 2012, according to a report. Sony Xperia Z, has yet to be unveiled. Both Android devices cater to phablet enthusiasts, but Xperia Z specs fall under rumours until confirmed otherwise at the 2013 CES event next week.
It might be a good advice for some Android phablet buyers to wait until after 2012 CES before making a choice. Unless you are a hardcore Samsung fan, you may want to check out some Xperia Z rumoured specs and compare it to the Galaxy S3.
Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Sony Xperia Z: Screen Display
Sony Xperia Z aka Xperia Yuga will reportedly feature a 5-inch 1080p screen with a new WhiteMagic display from JDI. It is helpful to note that its predecessor, Xperia T (James Bond's phone in "Skyfall"), boasts of 323 ppi (pixel density).
Galaxy S3 features a 4.8-inch Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with 306 ppi. Corning Gorilla Glass protects the screen, and the touch interaction is kept smooth by TouchWiz User Interface (UI) v4.0.
Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Sony Xperia Z: Processor, Storage, Memory and OS
The Yuga device is expected to have a 1.5GHz processor and 2GB of RAM. It will reportedly carry Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean. It is also believed to have been built with HDMI port and microSD card slot.
Like the Galaxy S3, Xperia Z is also expected to allow 4G LTE connectivity, at least in some countries.
The Galaxy S3 initially came with Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich but has upgraded to 4.1 Jelly Bean in September last year. It allows up to 64GB microSDXC for extra storage.
Samsung Galaxy S3 vs Sony Xperia Z: Camera in Megapixels
The Xperia Z is rumoured to come with a 12-megapixel camera. Sony is likely to equip it with its own noise reduction technology.
The Galaxy S3 comes with an 8-megapixel camera with LED flash and image stabilization feature.
An earlier report by The Verge indicates Samsung Galaxy S3 has sold over 30 million units by end-October. Could the Sony Xperia Z compete with that? We will soon find out which device entices more buyers.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Microsoft Band Wearable Gadget At $199 Is A Sell-Out
- 6 Big Reasons iPhone 6 Plus is Must-Have Black Friday, Christmas 2014 Buy
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- NATO To Russia: 'Pull Back Your Troops'
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary