UFO Spotted in Sky Above Cardwell, Australia, by 'World's Biggest Sceptic' [VIDEO]
By Hannah Osborne | January 4, 2013 2:17 AM EST
A father and son have filmed what they believe is a UFO in the sky above Cardwell in Queensland, north east Australia.
Greg Smith and his son filmed the flying objects in the coastal town and the businessman is convinced what he saw was a UFO.
He told the Townsville Bulletin that he used to be "the world's biggest sceptic" when it comes to aliens, but that the experience "really rattled" him.
"There were two large orange lights. There was no beam and no noise. It was absolutely silent and they were moving slowly across the sky towards the north-west," he said.
"We couldn't tell if the lights were from one or two machines. At first we thought they were over buildings between the highway and the beach, but other people said they were just out over the water."
Smith told the newspaper that he does not think what he saw was a plane, because the lights did not flash on and off.
His sighting was confirmed by fellow Cardwell residents Phil and Helen Mulley. Mr Mulley said: "The lights were bright orange and there was no sound whatsoever. The first night there was just one light and it was very bright.
"We thought it was a chopper coming up the channel. It was travelling at about 45 degrees to the horizon.
"We watched it for a few minutes and then it disappeared in cloud. The next night my sister rang me and said to look outside. I went and looked and there were two lights. We watched them for a while until they disappeared in cloud."
Sheryl Gottschall, president of the UFO Research Queensland, said that during her 25 years at the research organisation, she had spoken to 3,000 people who had had experience of strange lights.
She said she could not say what the lights were but believed they were extra-terrestrials.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Papua New Guinea’s Mount Tavurvur Erupts, Qantas Reroutes Flights
- Tiny Beads Found In Shampoo And Exfoliants Are A Threat to the Sydney Harbour
- Underground Eruption of A Volcano Noticed As Powerful Earthquakes Rock Iceland
- Two Moons Hoax Surfaces Again: Debunked By Scientists, Twitter Explodes With Reactions
- Climate Change Is Eating Away The Great Barrier Reef
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares