Palace Demand Players and Cash for Manchester United Target Zaha – Report
By Adrian Back | January 4, 2013 1:10 AM EST
Crystal Palace have told potential suitors of Wilfried Zaha that any deal for the forward would have to involve two or three players moving to Selhurst Park on loan for the rest of the season.
The London club are desperate to get the best deal possible if they have to sell their prized asset during the January transfer window, and are also hoping that Zaha will be loaned back to the club for the rest of the season.
All four clubs are believed to have already been in contact with Palace about the possibility of signing Zaha this month, but none have made an official offer.
A report on Sky Sports suggests that Sir Alex Ferguson has been keeping a close eye on the progress of the forward since he starred in the Palace side that beat Manchester United in the League Cup last season.
The 20-year-old has also suggested that he is ready to make the next step in his career by playing in the top flight for the first time.
"I'm not a teenager anymore," said Zaha, as quoted in the Mail. "I've played more than 100 first-team games and this year is crucial to develop my football career. I want to establish myself in the Premier League and in international football.
"I've played a lot in the Championship so having that new challenge in the Premier League, where everyone wants to be, would be great. To be honest, if I had the chance in January and Palace agreed, it's something I'd want to go for."
Palace are currently third in the Championship but the lure of joining Manchester United, who are currently top of the Premier League and competing in the Champions League, may well be difficult to turn down.
However, Palace chairman Steve Parish is still confident that the club can hang on to the extremely exciting talent.
"Right now we're concentrating on trying to get out of this league and the best way of doing that is adding to what we've got, not losing players," said Parish.
"I think he will be a Palace player until the summer. He has said himself that he really wants to help us get promoted. You can see on the pitch how hard he is trying to achieve that.
"I think he will be a Palace player until the summer and then we will look at it. Obviously, we will look at anything that anybody offers us because we will be mad not to.
"If we feel we can move the club forward from doing certain things, then we will. So, never say never. But right now we are focused on trying to keep everyone in the squad."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Roger Federer Regains Deadly Service Game - Andy Roddick
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Lionel Messi's Gunners Link a Ploy to Receive Improved Deal
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown