Palace Demand Players and Cash for Manchester United Target Zaha – Report
By Adrian Back | January 4, 2013 1:10 AM EST
Crystal Palace have told potential suitors of Wilfried Zaha that any deal for the forward would have to involve two or three players moving to Selhurst Park on loan for the rest of the season.
The London club are desperate to get the best deal possible if they have to sell their prized asset during the January transfer window, and are also hoping that Zaha will be loaned back to the club for the rest of the season.
All four clubs are believed to have already been in contact with Palace about the possibility of signing Zaha this month, but none have made an official offer.
A report on Sky Sports suggests that Sir Alex Ferguson has been keeping a close eye on the progress of the forward since he starred in the Palace side that beat Manchester United in the League Cup last season.
The 20-year-old has also suggested that he is ready to make the next step in his career by playing in the top flight for the first time.
"I'm not a teenager anymore," said Zaha, as quoted in the Mail. "I've played more than 100 first-team games and this year is crucial to develop my football career. I want to establish myself in the Premier League and in international football.
"I've played a lot in the Championship so having that new challenge in the Premier League, where everyone wants to be, would be great. To be honest, if I had the chance in January and Palace agreed, it's something I'd want to go for."
Palace are currently third in the Championship but the lure of joining Manchester United, who are currently top of the Premier League and competing in the Champions League, may well be difficult to turn down.
However, Palace chairman Steve Parish is still confident that the club can hang on to the extremely exciting talent.
"Right now we're concentrating on trying to get out of this league and the best way of doing that is adding to what we've got, not losing players," said Parish.
"I think he will be a Palace player until the summer. He has said himself that he really wants to help us get promoted. You can see on the pitch how hard he is trying to achieve that.
"I think he will be a Palace player until the summer and then we will look at it. Obviously, we will look at anything that anybody offers us because we will be mad not to.
"If we feel we can move the club forward from doing certain things, then we will. So, never say never. But right now we are focused on trying to keep everyone in the squad."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying