Palace Demand Players and Cash for Manchester United Target Zaha – Report
By Adrian Back | January 4, 2013 1:10 AM EST
Crystal Palace have told potential suitors of Wilfried Zaha that any deal for the forward would have to involve two or three players moving to Selhurst Park on loan for the rest of the season.
The London club are desperate to get the best deal possible if they have to sell their prized asset during the January transfer window, and are also hoping that Zaha will be loaned back to the club for the rest of the season.
All four clubs are believed to have already been in contact with Palace about the possibility of signing Zaha this month, but none have made an official offer.
A report on Sky Sports suggests that Sir Alex Ferguson has been keeping a close eye on the progress of the forward since he starred in the Palace side that beat Manchester United in the League Cup last season.
The 20-year-old has also suggested that he is ready to make the next step in his career by playing in the top flight for the first time.
"I'm not a teenager anymore," said Zaha, as quoted in the Mail. "I've played more than 100 first-team games and this year is crucial to develop my football career. I want to establish myself in the Premier League and in international football.
"I've played a lot in the Championship so having that new challenge in the Premier League, where everyone wants to be, would be great. To be honest, if I had the chance in January and Palace agreed, it's something I'd want to go for."
Palace are currently third in the Championship but the lure of joining Manchester United, who are currently top of the Premier League and competing in the Champions League, may well be difficult to turn down.
However, Palace chairman Steve Parish is still confident that the club can hang on to the extremely exciting talent.
"Right now we're concentrating on trying to get out of this league and the best way of doing that is adding to what we've got, not losing players," said Parish.
"I think he will be a Palace player until the summer. He has said himself that he really wants to help us get promoted. You can see on the pitch how hard he is trying to achieve that.
"I think he will be a Palace player until the summer and then we will look at it. Obviously, we will look at anything that anybody offers us because we will be mad not to.
"If we feel we can move the club forward from doing certain things, then we will. So, never say never. But right now we are focused on trying to keep everyone in the squad."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft