EPES Logistics Buys Cargo Masters
By Vijaykumar Meti | January 3, 2013 11:32 PM EST
EPES Logistics Services, Inc., a privately held third party logistics and freight management company based in Greensboro, NC, has announce its acquisition of Cargo Masters, Inc., based in Charlotte.
The acquisition furthers the strategic expansion of the Charlotte office of EPES Logistics which has grown from two to 13 employees in 14 months.
This is the second acquisition of the year for EPES Logistics following its second quarter acquisition of Meredith Transport, Inc., a freight brokerage based in Archdale, NC.
Jason Bodford, President of EPES Logistics, said the intention is to keep all of the current employees of Cargo Masters. Bodford emphasized the importance of retaining the existing staff, as their customer relationships will help ensure a seamless transition and their industry knowledge will help grow the Charlotte presence of EPES. "We are pleased to have the opportunity to acquire such a solid company. We appreciate the approach they take with their relationships and believe this change will positively benefit their customers and carriers."
Bodford also noted the great value Cargo Masters customers would gain from the additional services EPES provides such as Mexico and Canada service, flatbed, freight management, less-than-truckload and expedited shipping as well as their extended national coverage.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones