EPES Logistics Buys Cargo Masters
By Vijaykumar Meti | January 3, 2013 11:32 PM EST
EPES Logistics Services, Inc., a privately held third party logistics and freight management company based in Greensboro, NC, has announce its acquisition of Cargo Masters, Inc., based in Charlotte.
The acquisition furthers the strategic expansion of the Charlotte office of EPES Logistics which has grown from two to 13 employees in 14 months.
This is the second acquisition of the year for EPES Logistics following its second quarter acquisition of Meredith Transport, Inc., a freight brokerage based in Archdale, NC.
Jason Bodford, President of EPES Logistics, said the intention is to keep all of the current employees of Cargo Masters. Bodford emphasized the importance of retaining the existing staff, as their customer relationships will help ensure a seamless transition and their industry knowledge will help grow the Charlotte presence of EPES. "We are pleased to have the opportunity to acquire such a solid company. We appreciate the approach they take with their relationships and believe this change will positively benefit their customers and carriers."
Bodford also noted the great value Cargo Masters customers would gain from the additional services EPES provides such as Mexico and Canada service, flatbed, freight management, less-than-truckload and expedited shipping as well as their extended national coverage.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Malaysia Airlines Considers Changing Name After MH370 and MH17 Tragedies
- Fast Food Meat Scandal: McDonald’s Suspend Nuggets and McSpicy Chicken Filets
- Texas Man Selling Condo With ‘Funniest and Most Revealing Ad’
- Tweens Fool Their Parents Online, McAfee Reports
- Debt-Laden Millennials Join Stock Market
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga