EPES Logistics Buys Cargo Masters
By Vijaykumar Meti | January 3, 2013 11:32 PM EST
EPES Logistics Services, Inc., a privately held third party logistics and freight management company based in Greensboro, NC, has announce its acquisition of Cargo Masters, Inc., based in Charlotte.
The acquisition furthers the strategic expansion of the Charlotte office of EPES Logistics which has grown from two to 13 employees in 14 months.
This is the second acquisition of the year for EPES Logistics following its second quarter acquisition of Meredith Transport, Inc., a freight brokerage based in Archdale, NC.
Jason Bodford, President of EPES Logistics, said the intention is to keep all of the current employees of Cargo Masters. Bodford emphasized the importance of retaining the existing staff, as their customer relationships will help ensure a seamless transition and their industry knowledge will help grow the Charlotte presence of EPES. "We are pleased to have the opportunity to acquire such a solid company. We appreciate the approach they take with their relationships and believe this change will positively benefit their customers and carriers."
Bodford also noted the great value Cargo Masters customers would gain from the additional services EPES provides such as Mexico and Canada service, flatbed, freight management, less-than-truckload and expedited shipping as well as their extended national coverage.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Google Release Roundup: New Nexus 6, Nexus 8, Android 5.0 L Launch and Killer Features
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2
- Scotland Voted Against Independence, Early Results Indicate