EPES Logistics Buys Cargo Masters
By Vijaykumar Meti | January 3, 2013 11:32 PM EST
EPES Logistics Services, Inc., a privately held third party logistics and freight management company based in Greensboro, NC, has announce its acquisition of Cargo Masters, Inc., based in Charlotte.
The acquisition furthers the strategic expansion of the Charlotte office of EPES Logistics which has grown from two to 13 employees in 14 months.
This is the second acquisition of the year for EPES Logistics following its second quarter acquisition of Meredith Transport, Inc., a freight brokerage based in Archdale, NC.
Jason Bodford, President of EPES Logistics, said the intention is to keep all of the current employees of Cargo Masters. Bodford emphasized the importance of retaining the existing staff, as their customer relationships will help ensure a seamless transition and their industry knowledge will help grow the Charlotte presence of EPES. "We are pleased to have the opportunity to acquire such a solid company. We appreciate the approach they take with their relationships and believe this change will positively benefit their customers and carriers."
Bodford also noted the great value Cargo Masters customers would gain from the additional services EPES provides such as Mexico and Canada service, flatbed, freight management, less-than-truckload and expedited shipping as well as their extended national coverage.
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Cavaliers, LeBron James Flop In First Game Back In Cleveland; New York Knicks, Melo Pull Off Road Upset, 95-90 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Apple CEO Tim Cook Coming Out Gay Defies Corporate Norm: Tech Execs Applaud Inspiring Essay
- Bombshell, Shocking And Wild Read: Jefferies & Co. Sage Kelly Forces Wife To Have Sex With Clients For A Deal
- Russia Succeeds Where US Fails: ISS NASA Antares Rocket Explosion Meant to Happen; Russia Successfully Launches Cargo Ship
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Walmart Sells ‘Fat Girl Costumes’ for Halloween
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists