Apple iPad 5 Rumors: Upcoming Device to Have a New Black Design and A7 Processor
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 3, 2013 4:50 PM EST
Apple is anticipated to further enhance their numerous iOS gadgets for the year 2013 particularly with the upcoming iPad 5. Apple's iPad 5 is reported to have a new black design similar to the exterior features of the iPhone 5 and iPad mini.
With a rumored launch of the iPad 5 in 2014, the Apple team is definitely working fast and hard to incorporate an iPhone/iPad mini look with the upcoming device. This appears to be the technology course where Apple is headed when it comes to the design and style of their tablets. A fresh, thinner, lighter and less disorderly look of the iPad 5 will certainly attract more tablet enthusiasts.
Apple also appears determined in finding another manufacturer of the devices' processors in order to outshine their strong competitor, Samsung. It is also now working on locating a new A6X chip supplier.
Recent reports suggest that Apple might go for the "Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company" in quickly producing the A6X chips. If Apple is pleased with the company's outcome, then the technology team could possibly create the next-generation A7 processor for the iPad 5 as well as the iPad mini 2 approximately on June 2013.
The competition between Apple and Samsung will further heighten with this reported deal with TSMC. This could be a big break for the semiconductor company but Samsung will have to face Apple's competitive move as a massive strike.
Apple now has to ensure that the change of manufacturer will not affect the quality of the A6 or A7 processors for the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 otherwise Samsung may retaliate. However, it is still undetermined if the speculations are true unless an official statement from Apple will clarify the issue.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Finale Spoilers: Kurt Sutter On Ending The Biker Series And Picking The Right Song For The Final Ride
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Update Roundup: HTC, Google, LG, Motorola, Xolo, OnePlus, Samsung And Sony Upgrade Plans
- Sony Teases PS4 2.0 System Software Update As Sony Xperia Z2 And Z2 Tablet Get Remote Play
- ‘GTA V’ 1.18 Update: Heists, Zombies, Hydra Jets DLC Seemingly Possible
- ‘Destiny’ ‘The Dark Below’ DLC: XP Boosters, New Armours Revealed, Atheon Fixes
- ‘Pokemon Omega Ruby And Alpha Sapphire’ Updates; PokeNav And Pokemon Halloween Detailed
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Battery Saving Android 5.0 Lollipop Feature Extends The Battery Life Of Your Android Device By 90 Minutes And Displays Orange Bar While Power Saving Mode Is On
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage