Apple iPad 5 Rumors: Upcoming Device to Have a New Black Design and A7 Processor
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 3, 2013 4:50 PM EST
Apple is anticipated to further enhance their numerous iOS gadgets for the year 2013 particularly with the upcoming iPad 5. Apple's iPad 5 is reported to have a new black design similar to the exterior features of the iPhone 5 and iPad mini.
With a rumored launch of the iPad 5 in 2014, the Apple team is definitely working fast and hard to incorporate an iPhone/iPad mini look with the upcoming device. This appears to be the technology course where Apple is headed when it comes to the design and style of their tablets. A fresh, thinner, lighter and less disorderly look of the iPad 5 will certainly attract more tablet enthusiasts.
Apple also appears determined in finding another manufacturer of the devices' processors in order to outshine their strong competitor, Samsung. It is also now working on locating a new A6X chip supplier.
Recent reports suggest that Apple might go for the "Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company" in quickly producing the A6X chips. If Apple is pleased with the company's outcome, then the technology team could possibly create the next-generation A7 processor for the iPad 5 as well as the iPad mini 2 approximately on June 2013.
The competition between Apple and Samsung will further heighten with this reported deal with TSMC. This could be a big break for the semiconductor company but Samsung will have to face Apple's competitive move as a massive strike.
Apple now has to ensure that the change of manufacturer will not affect the quality of the A6 or A7 processors for the iPad 5 and iPad mini 2 otherwise Samsung may retaliate. However, it is still undetermined if the speculations are true unless an official statement from Apple will clarify the issue.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Sony Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide For Xperia Z Devices As Of August 2014
- Sony Xperia M2 Aqua Buyer's Guide: Reasons Why Upgrade From Xperia V Or Xperia ZR
- 'No Man's Sky' For PlayStation 4: The Sun Will Burn Out But The Game Will Go On (Watch Trailer)
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps