Justin Bieber’s Ferrari Caused the Tragic Death of a Celebrity Photographer
January 3, 2013 3:38 PM EST
Chris Guerra, an American photographer, tragically cost him his life on New Year's Day in a desire to take pictures of teen superstar Justin Bieber's parked white Ferrari. An oncoming car hit the 29-year-old paparazzo while crossing the street on the 405 freeway.
The California Highway Patrol pulled over Justin Bieber's luxurious car for speeding. It was then the photographer decided to snap pictures of the vehicle. "While this photographer returned to the vehicle, it did not appear as if he was looking and he was struck by a vehicle traveling southbound on Sepulveda," LAPD Sgt. Rudy Lopez told KTLA.
Though the police questioned the female driver of the car who hit the photographer, she was released afterwards with no charges pressed against her because the paparazzo was not on a crosswalk. According to the Los Angeles Times, the California Highway Patrol also confirmed that Justin Bieber was not driving the Ferrari but an unnamed friend of the Canadian singer.
It is a known fact that Justin Bieber always had issues with the paparazzi. However, the young superstar surprisingly expressed his concern regarding the celebrity photographer's tragic death. "While I was not present nor directly involved with this tragic accident, my thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim," Bieber said in an official statement.
After the photographer's death, Justin Bieber now wants new California laws to be implemented that will protect celebrities as well as the photographers who follow the famous stars too personally. "Hopefully this tragedy will finally inspire meaningful legislation and whatever other necessary steps to protect the lives and safety of celebrities, police officers, innocent public bystanders, and the photographers themselves," Bieber further stated.
Meanwhile, Miley Cyrus also expressed her agreement with Justin Bieber's plea for protection and change. The "Hannah Montana" star took to the social networking site Twitter her concerns about the paparazzi incident.
"Hope this paparazzi/JB accident brings on some changes in '13. Paparazzi are dangerous! Wasn't Princess Di enough of a wake-up call?!" Miley Cyrus posted on her Twitter account @MileyCyrus. "The chaos that comes with the paparazzi acting like fools makes it impossible for anyone to make safe choices," she further commented.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘True Blood’ Final Episode Thank You: Watch Sookie Ask Whether God Made Us All, Find Out Why 'True Blood' Is Ending [VIDEO]
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Upcoming Sony Xperia Z3 With Dual-SIM Support Gets Approved In China; Full Specifications Revealed; Amber-Coloured Xperia Z3 Tipped
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch