Rory Doesn't Come Cheap
By Golf 365 | January 3, 2013 1:24 PM EST
Rory McIlroy is said to have raised his appearance fee to a whopping $2 million after his most recent major-winning exploits.
That number puts him right up there with golf's longtime golden boy Tiger Woods, who is also said to still command $2 million just for the honour of having him show up at your tournament.
Australia's Herald Sun reports that Australian Open officials were ready to pay McIlroy $1 million to appear at their event, but that after the Northern Irishman won his second major at the US PGA Championship in August, the asking price was subsequently doubled and the deal was called off.
Considering that McIlroy made $8.0 million in prize money on the PGA Tour this year and $4.9 million on the European Tour, and that his lucrative endorsement deal with Nike (estimated to be around $20 million per year) has all but been announced, the World No 1 is fast on his way to becoming an incredibly wealthy man.
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
Join the Conversation
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’