Rory Doesn't Come Cheap
By Golf 365 | January 3, 2013 1:24 PM EST
Rory McIlroy is said to have raised his appearance fee to a whopping $2 million after his most recent major-winning exploits.
That number puts him right up there with golf's longtime golden boy Tiger Woods, who is also said to still command $2 million just for the honour of having him show up at your tournament.
Australia's Herald Sun reports that Australian Open officials were ready to pay McIlroy $1 million to appear at their event, but that after the Northern Irishman won his second major at the US PGA Championship in August, the asking price was subsequently doubled and the deal was called off.
Considering that McIlroy made $8.0 million in prize money on the PGA Tour this year and $4.9 million on the European Tour, and that his lucrative endorsement deal with Nike (estimated to be around $20 million per year) has all but been announced, the World No 1 is fast on his way to becoming an incredibly wealthy man.
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide
- US And Australia Share Visa And Immigration Information
- Finally, OnePlus One Can Be Purchased Without An Invite; Pre-Order Starts From October