HTC One S Latest Android Jelly Bean Update Now Available
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 3, 2013 11:29 AM EST
Users of the international version of the device may have already received a notification from HTC that a firmware update is available. If not, you can still check manually by going to the settings menu on the phone.
If you are able to update your HTC One S to the new version of Android, we recommend connecting the phone to a Wi-Fi network so you do not use up any of your precious data allowance if you have such restrictions on your pay monthly tariffs.
When you perform the update, you will notice that the phone's performance has been enhanced as a result of project butter, and a number of new features have been added such as Google Now.
Other changes include more performance enhancements, more efficient battery consumption and redesigned on screen keyboard and notifications menus.
HTC One S is a mid-range smartphone released alongside the HTC One X. The smartphone boasts 4.3-inch Super AMOLD screen display, 1.5 GHz dual core processor with 1GB of RAM, 16GB internal storage and 8MP rear camera.
Last month, the international version of HTC One X has one of the most powerful chips available - the Tegra 3, which is really fast. However, you may find that animations do not work smoothly and you may see the odd lag. GforGames thinks this is because Ice Cream Sandwich was not customed for the extra cores in the Tegra. The lag will disappear once you updated to Jelly Bean OS.
Early this month, HTC announced that the first version of Google's Android Jellybean is finally heading its way towards the GSM version of One X+ and One X, which has also received the Jellybean upgrade same time last month and recently for the unlocked model overseas, specifically in Asia-Pacific.
According to HTCNews, if you own the HTC One X, you should have received a notification that the new version of the software is ready to be downloaded and installed. If not, you can check manually by going to the settings menu, and then selecting software updates, then check now.
If the phone says there is an update available, simply follow the instructions on screen. It is highly recommended that the phone is connected to a Wi-Fi network before you commence the download otherwise it could make a considerable dent in your data allowance as the update is around 365MB.
When you have downloaded the software onto your phone, you will notice that the interface is much faster as a result of 'project butter', which makes more efficient use of the phone's ample processing power.
The update also brings new features like Google Now and a few changes to the on screen Qwerty keyboard and design of menus. It also makes the face unlock feature more accurate than with Ice Cream Sandwich.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Australian and Other Select Earth Locations Hold Proofs Life Once Existed On Mars – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Lowe's Black Friday 2014 Deals Include Up To 40% Off On Select Major Appliances, Plus Free Shipping For Orders Of $19 Or More