Apple iPhone 6 Rumors: Latest Smart Phone to Run on iOS7?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 3, 2013 11:25 AM EST
Features and specification rumors about Apple's upcoming smart phone, iPhone 6, continues to rise and excite the gadget consumers. According to The Next Web report, iOS App Store developers revealed they have discovered that Apple team is assessing the hardware of iPhone 6 which will run on iOS7.
An unnamed iOS developer found out in their application usage logs that iOS7 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch operating systems run on the not yet released iPhone 6 device. A device named "iPhone 6,1" was reportedly asking requests from an IP address on Apple's Cupertino, California campus. As a concluding result, members of the Apple team's software development are now testing the latest applications on the upcoming device.
"One developer showed us that Apple has been testing hardware relating to a new 'iPhone6,1' identifier, powered by a device running iOS 7, which is expected to be released by Apple in the middle part of this year," The Next Web stated.
"Apple's current flagship, the iPhone 5, bears the identifiers 'iPhone5,1' and 'iPhone 5,2' depending on the LTE model of the handset and the 4G bands on which it operates," the iOS developer added to the Next Web report.
Apple introduced both the iOS 5 and iOS 6 at its June Worldwide Developers Conference in mid-October 2011 and in mid-September 2012, respectively. The reported iPhone 6,1 hardware is a step ahead of Apple's iPhone models since every improvement, starting with the iPhone 3GS, features major processor changes.
However, it is still uncertain whether Apple is truly working on iPhone 6 for the mid-2013 launch since the company vowed to keep mum about the details of the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Android 4.4.3 and 4.4.4 KitKat Still Delayed for Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- HTC One Mini 2 vs. LG G2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Xbox One News: EA Subscription Effective for Microsoft’s Next-gen Console; Forza Horizon 2 Announces 16 More Cars
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Apple on 5.5-inch iPhone 6 Release Will Not Happen Until 2015 with Stocks Poised to Soar