Apple iPhone 6 Rumors: Latest Smart Phone to Run on iOS7?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 3, 2013 11:25 AM EST
Features and specification rumors about Apple's upcoming smart phone, iPhone 6, continues to rise and excite the gadget consumers. According to The Next Web report, iOS App Store developers revealed they have discovered that Apple team is assessing the hardware of iPhone 6 which will run on iOS7.
An unnamed iOS developer found out in their application usage logs that iOS7 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch operating systems run on the not yet released iPhone 6 device. A device named "iPhone 6,1" was reportedly asking requests from an IP address on Apple's Cupertino, California campus. As a concluding result, members of the Apple team's software development are now testing the latest applications on the upcoming device.
"One developer showed us that Apple has been testing hardware relating to a new 'iPhone6,1' identifier, powered by a device running iOS 7, which is expected to be released by Apple in the middle part of this year," The Next Web stated.
"Apple's current flagship, the iPhone 5, bears the identifiers 'iPhone5,1' and 'iPhone 5,2' depending on the LTE model of the handset and the 4G bands on which it operates," the iOS developer added to the Next Web report.
Apple introduced both the iOS 5 and iOS 6 at its June Worldwide Developers Conference in mid-October 2011 and in mid-September 2012, respectively. The reported iPhone 6,1 hardware is a step ahead of Apple's iPhone models since every improvement, starting with the iPhone 3GS, features major processor changes.
However, it is still uncertain whether Apple is truly working on iPhone 6 for the mid-2013 launch since the company vowed to keep mum about the details of the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier