Apple iPhone 6 Rumors: Latest Smart Phone to Run on iOS7?
By Jenalyn Villamarin | January 3, 2013 11:25 AM EST
Features and specification rumors about Apple's upcoming smart phone, iPhone 6, continues to rise and excite the gadget consumers. According to The Next Web report, iOS App Store developers revealed they have discovered that Apple team is assessing the hardware of iPhone 6 which will run on iOS7.
An unnamed iOS developer found out in their application usage logs that iOS7 on iPhone, iPad and iPod touch operating systems run on the not yet released iPhone 6 device. A device named "iPhone 6,1" was reportedly asking requests from an IP address on Apple's Cupertino, California campus. As a concluding result, members of the Apple team's software development are now testing the latest applications on the upcoming device.
"One developer showed us that Apple has been testing hardware relating to a new 'iPhone6,1' identifier, powered by a device running iOS 7, which is expected to be released by Apple in the middle part of this year," The Next Web stated.
"Apple's current flagship, the iPhone 5, bears the identifiers 'iPhone5,1' and 'iPhone 5,2' depending on the LTE model of the handset and the 4G bands on which it operates," the iOS developer added to the Next Web report.
Apple introduced both the iOS 5 and iOS 6 at its June Worldwide Developers Conference in mid-October 2011 and in mid-September 2012, respectively. The reported iPhone 6,1 hardware is a step ahead of Apple's iPhone models since every improvement, starting with the iPhone 3GS, features major processor changes.
However, it is still uncertain whether Apple is truly working on iPhone 6 for the mid-2013 launch since the company vowed to keep mum about the details of the device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles