Apple iOS 7 Already? No iPhone 5s?
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 3, 2013 10:58 AM EST
The iPhone 5 bears the identifiers iPhone 5.1 and iPhone 5.2 which runs the iOS 6 firmware version. The IP address originated within Apple's Cupertino headquarters, providing a hint that the new iPhone may not be called iPhone 5s after all.
Nothing yet is confirmed about any additional details aside from its logs and the validity of its references is not yet confirmed. But the idea of such identifiers indicates that another iPhone version is currently under development and being testing presumably.
Still, no known features from the next iPhone or the next iOS version is confirmed. iPhone 5 was released last September 2012 and rumors that the new iPhone will be released in mid-2013.
Meanwhile, a bug from an iPhone 5 feature called "Do Not Disturb" persisted after the New Year of 2013. The feature allows call diversion to voicemail and follows a scheduled turn on and turns off system.
The bug causes the device not to initiate the "turn off" part of the "Do Not Disturb" feature and makes calls be diverted to the voicemail or the phone won't even ring. The bug feature is not affecting all iOS 6 users and there is no confirmation if it only affects iOS 6 native devices such as iPhone 5, iPad 4 and iPad mini.
Apple has encountered previous problem over its Daylight Savings Time or DST setting in October and November of 2012 and what is puzzling about the persisting issues about it is that iOS is built on top of Unix which has a good date handling system.
Date bugs also affected the Zune and briefly on Android, but it was quickly fixed with a patch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- Radio Australia Cuts to Affect Isolated Vanuatu Residents Who Rely on It for Weather Bulletins
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales