Apple iOS 7 Already? No iPhone 5s?
By Vittorio Hernandez | January 3, 2013 10:58 AM EST
The iPhone 5 bears the identifiers iPhone 5.1 and iPhone 5.2 which runs the iOS 6 firmware version. The IP address originated within Apple's Cupertino headquarters, providing a hint that the new iPhone may not be called iPhone 5s after all.
Nothing yet is confirmed about any additional details aside from its logs and the validity of its references is not yet confirmed. But the idea of such identifiers indicates that another iPhone version is currently under development and being testing presumably.
Still, no known features from the next iPhone or the next iOS version is confirmed. iPhone 5 was released last September 2012 and rumors that the new iPhone will be released in mid-2013.
Meanwhile, a bug from an iPhone 5 feature called "Do Not Disturb" persisted after the New Year of 2013. The feature allows call diversion to voicemail and follows a scheduled turn on and turns off system.
The bug causes the device not to initiate the "turn off" part of the "Do Not Disturb" feature and makes calls be diverted to the voicemail or the phone won't even ring. The bug feature is not affecting all iOS 6 users and there is no confirmation if it only affects iOS 6 native devices such as iPhone 5, iPad 4 and iPad mini.
Apple has encountered previous problem over its Daylight Savings Time or DST setting in October and November of 2012 and what is puzzling about the persisting issues about it is that iOS is built on top of Unix which has a good date handling system.
Date bugs also affected the Zune and briefly on Android, but it was quickly fixed with a patch.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- iOS 8 Release Date Of Sept 17 Has Arrived: Update Begins At 10AM Pacific Time, Upgrade Your iDevices With iOS 7.1.2 First To Install iOS 8
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Why Samsung Galaxy S5 Is Not The Best Smartphone To Purchase Now? If You Still Want To, Wait For A Month To Get It Cheap
- Apple iPad Air 2, iPad Mini 3 October Release Date Roundup: Freshly Leaked Protective Case Debuts Unique Vent Alongside Camera
- Canadian IS Jihadist Wants to ‘Play Soccer’ with Heads of US Decapitated Soldiers
- Warning to U.S. – ISIS Has Shot Down a Syrian Regime Fighter Jet
- Spice Dream Uno vs Xiaomi Redmi 1S: Android One Smartphone to Challenge The Existing Budget Friendly Smartphone