Apple Testing iPhone 6 and iOS 7: Report
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 2, 2013 11:51 PM EST
"Developers have contacted The Next Web to share references to a new iPhone identifier and the next big operating system update for the smartphone and tablet devices: iOS 7," Next Web reported.
Although the tech giant's iPhone 5 and iOS 6 are just few months old, the speculations about the next generation hardware and the iPhone are rife. The latest reports suggest an early arrival of these two than expected. It might be too early to speculate the features of the just rumoured device but iPhone 6 has been in the rumour books ever since iPhone 5 made its debut.
The report also cited that "Although OS and device data can be faked, the unique IP footprint leading back to Apple's Cupertino campus leads us to believe this is not one of those attempts."
Apple has the tradition of keeping its product under carpet before launch without revealing any details of it. The strategy in keeping its products a secret has certainly helped build anticipation well before official product launch. Unlike several other companies like Microsoft that generally pre-announce gadgets to steal the spotlight from competitors' products, Apple generally keeps the devices under carpet.
"One developer showed us that Apple has been testing hardware relating to a new 'iPhone6,1' identifier, powered by a device running iOS 7, which is expected to be released by Apple in the middle part of this year," The Next Web reported. It further added "Apple's current flagship, the iPhone 5, bears the identifiers 'iPhone5,1' and 'iPhone 5,2' depending on the LTE model of the handset and the 4G bands on which it operates."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles