Mercedes-Benz India to Hike Prices by up to 3 Percent from Jan 14
By IBTimes Staff Reporter | January 2, 2013 10:54 PM EST
Luxury car maker Mercedes-Benz India on Wednesday announced a price hike of 1-3 percent for all models from Jan 14 onwards.
"We will increase prices of our vehicles to the tune of 1-3 per cent effective January 14," Mercedes-Benz India MD and CEO Eberhard Kern said in a statement as quoted by the Press trust of India.
The hike is due to the increase in production costs and the currency fluctuation. The company said the B-class car prices will go up 1 percent, while the C-class and E-class sedans will see a hike of 1.5 percent. The company's S-class will get a price hike of 3 percent. The company also added that it has sold 7,138 units of cars to dealers across the country.
"Our sales performance has been overall in line with expectations. At the same time, we have managed to retain our profitability and premium in the last calender year and 2013 would be an exciting year for us," Mr Kern said.
Mercedes-Benz is not the only auto major which is due for a hike in January. Earlier in December, India's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki announced a price hike for all car models by up to ₹5,250 in a bid to counter the impact of currency fluctuation and higher input costs.
"The average hike in the price across models is around 1 per cent and the range will be between ₹2,500 and ₹5,250," a company spokesperson said earlier.
Reportedly, other manufacturers are also gearing for a similar move. It was earlier said that the automobile companies like General Motors (GM) India, Toyota Kirloskar Motor, Volkswagen India, Audi India and BMW India are revising their car prices due to the increasing pressure on margins.
"We will increase product prices in January across all carlines ranging from one to three per cent depending upon models owing to currency fluctuation and hike in input costs," P. Balendran, Vice President, GM India had said.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine