RBI Chief to Handle Monetary Policy Department
January 2, 2013 3:32 PM EST
The Reserve Bank of India said on Tuesday the monetary policy department will directly report to Governor Duvvuri Subbarao till further orders, with Subir Gokarn's term as a deputy governor coming to a close.
The departments of economic and policy research and statistics and information management will also report to the governor, the central bank said in a statement.
Gokarn's three-year term was supposed to end on November 24, but was extended to December 31. He was in charge of the monetary policy department among others, and also represented the RBI at the G-20 Deputies' forum.
Most Popular Slideshows
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Walking Is Superfood For Fitness; Celebrities Who Walk For Health
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
Join the Conversation
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- Ukraine Under Pressure To Accept EU Brokered Gas Deal With Russia: Resists High Prices Demanded By Russia