RBI Chief to Handle Monetary Policy Department
January 2, 2013 3:32 PM EST
The Reserve Bank of India said on Tuesday the monetary policy department will directly report to Governor Duvvuri Subbarao till further orders, with Subir Gokarn's term as a deputy governor coming to a close.
The departments of economic and policy research and statistics and information management will also report to the governor, the central bank said in a statement.
Gokarn's three-year term was supposed to end on November 24, but was extended to December 31. He was in charge of the monetary policy department among others, and also represented the RBI at the G-20 Deputies' forum.
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- The Cost Of Getting Infected With Ebola
- Ebola Divides The US: More States Begin Applying Stricter Guidelines Than What CDC Imposed
- Canadian House Owners Preferring To Live In Core City Than In Suburbs: Study
- FIFA May Keep Russia and Ukraine Apart in World Cup 2018
- Children Are Below Poverty Line Even In World’s Affluent Countries – UNICEF
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles