LG Nexus 4 a No Show in Google Play Store and Still Expensive on Retailers
By Kristin Dian Mariano | January 2, 2013 1:08 PM EST
LG Nexus 4 still has an expensive price tag on third party retailers and resellers due to its absence in Google Play Store.
The price of the LG Nexus 4 is still high since the device is nowhere to be found in Google Play Store and shipment is delayed.
On eBay, a re-seller offers the 16GB Nexus 4 for $550 each which is more than $200 more expensive than the suggested retail price set by Google. Also worth noting is the 8GB variant being sold by one eBay top-seller with a price tag of $450, more than roughly $200 costlier than Google's $299 8GB Nexus 4.
At Amazon, the numbers are higher as they allow shipping to other countries. The 16GB LG Nexus 4 retails for $575 each and the 8GB variant is priced $450 on average. For comparison, popular online smartphone retail stores are selling the unlocked handset for $600 for the 16GB and $550 for the "cheaper" 8GB variant.
Google is currently struggling to meet demand for its recently-announced Nexus 4 smartphone. Manufactured by LG, the device's low price means it has seen extremely high demand, and Google has had issues keeping the phone in stock.
The Google-LG Nexus 4 boasts a 4.7 inch screen display with 1280x768 resolution, 1.5GHz Snapdragon S4 Pro quad-core processor, 8 MP camera and 2100 mAh battery.
The new Google-LG smartphone will run with the new Android 4.2 Jelly Bean, which equipped the device with new features upgrade such as better camera options and controls. This has become the selling point of the device.
On the other hand, some reports said that search engine giant Google is already working on the successor of the popular LG Nexus 4.
Google has been releasing Nexus smartphones and tablets over the years. Since it was launched, the Nexus line has included handsets from HTC, Samsung, and LG. However, it seems Google may be using the recently-acquired Motorola for its next phone.
Wall Street Journal quoted unnamed sources that a new device is on its way from Google-owned Motorola. These people say Motorola engineers are hard at work on a "sophisticated" handset codenamed 'X phone.' However, it is still unsure whether the device will be a Nexus-brand phone.
However, Google has not yet commented on the rumoured smartphone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Real Life ‘Frozen’: Snow Overwhelms The US, Kills 7; More To Come (Pictures)
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt in Sydney for ‘Unbroken’ Red Carpet Premiere [PHOTOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
- G20 Summit Awkward Moments: Putin Yawns, Mystery Bubbles Appear, F18 Drama Ensues
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- Nexus 6 Release Date And Price Under AT&T, T-Mobile And Sprint Listed
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports