NFL Playoff Schedule: Wild Card Weekend Point Spreads, Totals and Complete Betting Odds From Las Vegas
January 1, 2013 4:43 AM EST
The 2012 regular season is finally over and the 2013 NFL playoffs are set to get underway.
Wild-card weekend kicks off with the 3-6 matchups in the AFC and NFC. Both games feature teams that are very familiar with each other.
Just like they did last year, the Houston Texans and Cincinnati will play the first postseason game of the season. The Texans won that contest handily 31-10.
For most of the year, it looked like Houston wouldn’t have to play in the first round. They had the best record in the AFC for most of the season, but missed out on a bye after losing three of their last four games.
On Saturday night, the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings will have a rematch of their Week 17 thriller. The Vikings defeated the Packers on a last-second field goal, putting Minnesota in the postseason and knocking Green Bay out of the No.2 spot in the conference.
Adrian Peterson came just nine rushing yards shy of breaking Erick Dickerson’s single-season record. He’s excelled against the Packers in 2012, rushing for 409 total yards in two games.
On Sunday, the 4-5 matchups will takes place. Three of the four teams will start rookie quarterbacks.
Andrew Luck will play his first postseason game, as he leads the Indianapolis Colts against the Baltimore Ravens. The Colts 11-win season gave them one more victory than the Ravens, but Baltimore’s division title gives them home-field advantage.
The final game of the weekend will feature rookie quarterbacks from both teams. Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks will visit Robert Griffin III and the Washington Redskins.
The Redskins and Seahawks signal callers had historic seasons for first-year quarterbacks. Griffin had a 102.4 passer rating and ran for 815 yards. Wilson tied Peyton Manning’s rookie record by throwing 26 touchdowns.
The Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons and San Francisco 49ers all have byes. They will play at home in the divisional round.
Below is the schedule for the wild card round of the playoffs. Also listed are the complete betting lines, including the point spreads and totals. These are the consensus odds from multiple casinos in Las Vegas.
Saturday, Jan. 5
Cincinnati Bengals (+4.5) at Houston Texans, 43.5 (4:30 p.m. ET on NBC)
Minnesota Vikings (+8) at Green Bay Packers, 46 (8 p.m. ET on NBC)
Sunday, Jan. 6
Indianapolis Colts (+6.5) at Baltimore Ravens, 46 (1:00 p.m. ET on CBS)
Seattle Seahawks (-2.5) at Washington Redskins, 45.5 (4:30 p.m. ET on FOX)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- 2014 Commonwealth Games Medal Tally: Games are Through Day 5 and Australia Continues to Dominate Count; Day 5 Highlights
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Rafael Nadal To Showcase Vintage Look at US Open - Report
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Killer Whales Gobble Japanese Whaling Crew
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- 12-inch MacBook Apple Retina and 2014 MacBook Pro to Feature Liquid Sensors, Release in October
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal
- 5 Marketing Nuggets We Can All Learn From Lady Gaga