NFL Playoff Schedule: Wild Card Weekend Point Spreads, Totals and Complete Betting Odds From Las Vegas
January 1, 2013 4:43 AM EST
The 2012 regular season is finally over and the 2013 NFL playoffs are set to get underway.
Wild-card weekend kicks off with the 3-6 matchups in the AFC and NFC. Both games feature teams that are very familiar with each other.
Just like they did last year, the Houston Texans and Cincinnati will play the first postseason game of the season. The Texans won that contest handily 31-10.
For most of the year, it looked like Houston wouldn’t have to play in the first round. They had the best record in the AFC for most of the season, but missed out on a bye after losing three of their last four games.
On Saturday night, the Green Bay Packers and Minnesota Vikings will have a rematch of their Week 17 thriller. The Vikings defeated the Packers on a last-second field goal, putting Minnesota in the postseason and knocking Green Bay out of the No.2 spot in the conference.
Adrian Peterson came just nine rushing yards shy of breaking Erick Dickerson’s single-season record. He’s excelled against the Packers in 2012, rushing for 409 total yards in two games.
On Sunday, the 4-5 matchups will takes place. Three of the four teams will start rookie quarterbacks.
Andrew Luck will play his first postseason game, as he leads the Indianapolis Colts against the Baltimore Ravens. The Colts 11-win season gave them one more victory than the Ravens, but Baltimore’s division title gives them home-field advantage.
The final game of the weekend will feature rookie quarterbacks from both teams. Russell Wilson and the Seattle Seahawks will visit Robert Griffin III and the Washington Redskins.
The Redskins and Seahawks signal callers had historic seasons for first-year quarterbacks. Griffin had a 102.4 passer rating and ran for 815 yards. Wilson tied Peyton Manning’s rookie record by throwing 26 touchdowns.
The Denver Broncos, New England Patriots, Atlanta Falcons and San Francisco 49ers all have byes. They will play at home in the divisional round.
Below is the schedule for the wild card round of the playoffs. Also listed are the complete betting lines, including the point spreads and totals. These are the consensus odds from multiple casinos in Las Vegas.
Saturday, Jan. 5
Cincinnati Bengals (+4.5) at Houston Texans, 43.5 (4:30 p.m. ET on NBC)
Minnesota Vikings (+8) at Green Bay Packers, 46 (8 p.m. ET on NBC)
Sunday, Jan. 6
Indianapolis Colts (+6.5) at Baltimore Ravens, 46 (1:00 p.m. ET on CBS)
Seattle Seahawks (-2.5) at Washington Redskins, 45.5 (4:30 p.m. ET on FOX)
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Boards London Train in Casual Disguise, Royal Couple’s Incognito Plan A Huge Hit [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Top Secret Wedding Tramps Jennifer Aniston’s ‘Friends’ Reunion & Pregnancy Talks [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- UFC News: Ronda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- Kate Upton And BF Justin Verlander Nude Photo Leaked; Verlander Instantly Became An Internet Meme Sensation
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- FIBA World Cup 2014: Puerto Rico vs. Greece Live Streaming, Betting Odds and Preview
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Pricey iPhone 6 on Release Date Likely but with 3X Retina Resolution & Mobile Payment Service – Reports
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- Google Nexus 8 Confirmed as HTC T1 aka Volantis/Flounder with Freshly-Leaked Specs & Features – Reports
- Europe, US Next on ISIS’ Hit List, Says Saudi King; Seized ISIS Laptop Reveals Terrifying Bio-Warfare Plans
- iPhone 6 On Release Date To Feature Qualcomm MDM9625M LTE, 1GB RAM, Mobile Payment Deal With AMEX, 1334x750 Display
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones